UI issue with fresh vanilla install and DarnUI.

Dxthwxvx

Hi.

I installed Darn UI and then decided to mess with it a little to make it look like I want it, I managed to get the magic effect icons appear from left to right, reverse to default Darn UI, but when I got to work with the compass, things got a little strange. I noticed that it didn't appear centered on the screen, I managed to do it with a custom .xml and custom textures for the frame and the needle but I still have issues. Two things I don't understand, I have made the compass area a certain size, 320 x 32, however on screenshots I took, it did not appear in that size, I checked the code and there are is nothing that should change its size but still it appears larger in game; the second issue is that though I managed to center the compass, it gets a single pixel larger to the right side of the image, I made the compass needle 4 pixels wide both in the .xml file and in the .dds file and in the game it appears as 5 pixels wide, and I have the same issue with the compass frame looking a single pixel wider.

I think I could just work around it and edit the .dds file to make it work, but I would rather find a solution to this so I can make things work as it should and know how to solve this issue if it presents again in the future.

Not sure how in depth you wanna go

so here's a few options.

Have you tried to

mess around with Darnified UI settings in game?

Fire up game, Hit Tab, mouse click health bars(bottom left),

just above the health bars.. click the tab on far right (fist),

Adjust "Step" from the default 15 to 1 (bottom left in the DarNified Settings)

then you can adjust the Compass position (upper right) one tick at a time.

If you are wanting an XML command:

I'm not sure if this is the right direction.

its the command I haven't used so I haven't played with how it works.

I just remember it being there. :/

<cropx></cropx>

There's another command that I can't remember at the moment that

((hmmm how do I word this?)) adjusts the ratio.... arghhh can't remember

Also, if you haven't ran across it yet.

Theres a really really good tutorial out there on xml

BUT it just so happens to be on an adult oriented oblivion mod site.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/53411-reading-ui-hud-xml-files/

something else you can look into is Hud Status Bars

I would go as deep as needed, I would like to fix this. I just don't understand, both the code and the image are the right sizes so it must be something else but I don't know what could be changing the size in game. I have changed the settings in game with the Darn UI menu, it is not that, in fact while adjusting the .xml file I made sure I was not getting numbers off from the in game settings file so I know. I also checked that the .xml file didn't have any <zoom> or <CropX> / <CropY>, or anything else that affected the size.

Haha, don't worry yourself about it, I have been to Lovers Lab before, I have no issues with adult content. :laugh: