I need help with getting started with modding

Chosen215

Can someone help me understand modding a bit better?

I just got DAI (Dragon Age Inquisition) and got the DAI tool thing to start modding. I found where DAI was at and where my mods folder was. I extracted and placed all mods I wanted to use (checked them for incompatibilities), and then I clicked to run my mod manager. Everything appeared in the manager. I just clicked merge and the thing said "task completed successfully". Yet, my game won't launch now.

I also followed a tutorial online where I messed around with the "Update" folder. I had to create a VanillaPatch folder, as well as a Merged folder. After the I rand the manager, I was told to delete the "Patch" folder and rename my Merged folder to "Patch" and then run the game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am now re-downloading my game.

I also have the question of how to add mods later into my game after doing this successfully.

The method depends on what modding program you're using. I'm assuming the DAI Mod Manager. It looks like you followed a tutorial to get DAI Mod Manager working alongside the newer one, Frosty, which you should not be doing as a novice.

Use this tutorial.

http://daimodder.tumblr.com/post/123864968464/dai-mod-manager-tutorial

All you have to do with that program is find the DAI exe, then point it to your mod folder, merge, and go.

Be sure that the folder you have your mods in -- these should be daimod files extracted from whatever zip files -- is not inside the Mod Manager folder or the game installation folder. Keep it somewhere else. I also suggest that you initially try with ONE mod enabled, something simple that you can see immediately without even loading into the game world, like a font mod.

To get more support and real-time chatting, head over to the DAI Modding Discord.

https://discord.gg/xs6Mktq