Mod Request: Player Customization Loadout (Like Looksmenu for FO4)

Se7en717

As the title says, I was wondering if it were possible for a Player Customization Loadout mod like Looksmenu for FO4? I only ask since there is a Perks Loadout mod. It would be widely beneficial especially for those that like to RP or change their character a lot. Just curious

LooksMenu (same as RaceMenu for Skyrim) relied on quite a few Script Extender functions. I have no idea if the Silverlock team is even planning to me a SE for F76. Even if they are, they may not be able to (or want to) start working on it until official modding support comes out.

Sure, people are editing SWF menu files right now, but they aren't adding anything new. Or rather, they aren't able to do anything with them that the game doesn't already allow. Until we are able to edit plugin data at the very least, the most a UI replacer for the character creator could do would be to move the visual elements around, reorganize the menus, maybe add some sliders that control functions that are already able to be controlled, etc.

LooksMenu (same as RaceMenu for Skyrim) relied on quite a few Script Extender functions. I have no idea if the Silverlock team is even planning to me a SE for F76. Even if they are, they may not be able to (or want to) start working on it until official modding support comes out.

Sure, people are editing SWF menu files right now, but they aren't adding anything new. Or rather, they aren't able to do anything with them that the game doesn't already allow. Until we are able to edit plugin data at the very least, the most a UI replacer for the character creator could do would be to move the visual elements around, reorganize the menus, maybe add some sliders that control functions that are already able to be controlled, etc.

Oh ok, that makes sense. Sucks but oh well. Thanks for taking your time and explaining it in detail for me :)

I doubt a script extender for FO76 would be allowed, or even workable if it was.

Would have to be very limited in function, since otherwise it could allow cheaters to implement their own game changes (if it even made it past the launcher check), so anyone using it (should it work) risks being locked out of the game.

Would also have to be updated as much as the game is, which with MMO style games is likely to be a lot more often than regular games. So much higher workload for the team, which takes up more of their time, so would be detrimental to their other projects.