When I change profiles I lose my save games - Skyrim

Quebrachoman

hi guys, my problem is this, every time a switch between profiles in vortex I lose my save games, or do not load them, i dont know why, but did not happen before.
It also happens that my game appears in the saved games section but when I open skyrim they are not, only the option to start a new one

sorry for my english :D

Edited by Quebrachoman

hi guys, my problem is this, every time a switch between profiles in vortex I lose my save games, or do not load them, i dont know why, but did not happen before.

It also happens that my game appears in the saved games section but when I open skyrim they are not, only the option to start a new one

Which version of Vortex are you using? If it's not 0.16.15, then update to that version. Updating may solve your problem.

If your save games wind up missing, go to the Save Games page.

Select Transfer Save Games at the top.

Use the drop down Import from Global.

You should see all your missing save games there.

Select the ones you are missing and move or copy them. I suggest Copy.

Do this once and they should not go missing anymore.

I do sort of hope this gets fixed someday.

Looks to me like the game is seeing both the global save directory, and the one pointed to by your profile.

For each profile, Vortex makes a Savegame Profile Folder to put your saves in

EX

Profile 1 gets assigned the ID "xehrjktyre76", profile 2 gets the ID "djflkerut879" assigned to it.

Now, if you go to C:\users\<your name>\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves you see your regular saves in the SAVES folder, and you'll also see two folder named

"xehrjktyre76" and "djflkerut879" with each of those profiles saves in the appropriate folder., and whenever you change your profile, Vortex will also change your Skyrim.ini file so you'll see something like this:

[General]
SLocalSavePath=Saves\xehrjktyre76\
-OR-
SLocalSavePath=Saves\djflkerut879\

This is how all the Savegame Managers for Bethesda games work.

The problem can stem from using the Console and typing "Savegame <savegame name>" because Bethesda games will put those saves back out into the main savegame folder.

Which version of Vortex are you using? If it's not 0.16.15, then update to that version. Updating may solve your problem.

Is that the version Im using

Edited by Quebrachoman

If your save games wind up missing, go to the Save Games page.

Select Transfer Save Games at the top.

Use the drop down Import from Global.

You should see all your missing save games there.

Select the ones you are missing and move or copy them. I suggest Copy.

Do this once and they should not go missing anymore.

I do sort of hope this gets fixed someday.

Looks to me like the game is seeing both the global save directory, and the one pointed to by your profile.

i had already try whit that, but didnt work

when I do this, the copy saved game appears, but I open skyrim and i can only start a new one

For each profile, Vortex makes a Savegame Profile Folder to put your saves in

EX

Profile 1 gets assigned the ID "xehrjktyre76", profile 2 gets the ID "djflkerut879" assigned to it.

Now, if you go to C:\users\<your name>\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves you see your regular saves in the SAVES folder, and you'll also see two folder named

"xehrjktyre76" and "djflkerut879" with each of those profiles saves in the appropriate folder., and whenever you change your profile, Vortex will also change your Skyrim.ini file so you'll see something like this:

[General]
SLocalSavePath=Saves\xehrjktyre76\
-OR-
SLocalSavePath=Saves\djflkerut879\

This is how all the Savegame Managers for Bethesda games work.

The problem can stem from using the Console and typing "Savegame <savegame name>" because Bethesda games will put those saves back out into the main savegame folder.

ooh okey, im going to see that

• 3 weeks later...

Will using BethINI mess this up? I'm having this issue and I was able to find the saves from my profile and threw them in the main game save folder, but was wondering if that tool will mess with the INI files and do that?

Just an observation. Today Skyrim SE chose not to see any of my active profile save games. Vortex showed the saves as they should be.

I did Purge, followed by Deploy - and from then on Skyrim SE saw the saves correctly.

I won't convince anyone this is a bug - but it may help you correct the situation.