An Ocurring Problem - Skyrim SE Not recognizing mods

GabrielQRZ

Hello Everyone. Not sure this is the right place to post this, but im losing my mind over this. Here's the issue:

I, along with some other people, have recently tried to install a bunch of mods for Skyrim Special Edition. Same old same old, installing mods through nexus, activating them, checking for incompatiblity and conflicting mods, organizing the load order through LOOT, all that. And everything seems fine- no problems whatsoever, everything correctly installed and ready to go. But then, when i launch skyrim SE ( Through SKSE obviously - wich is also correctly installed, it shows up on the ''GetSKSEVersion'' console command) the mods simply aren't there- they just dont appear in the game. As far as i have seen ( only going through the first mission), there are only 2 mods that are showing up, or ''working'' and those are -Total Character Makeover- and some main menu music replacer by Yggdrasil if im not mistaken. So, as soon as i see this, i think something must be wrong, so i go and check the Skyrim SE DATA folder in the Skyrim SE directory, and ALL the mods are showing up there, everything looks fine. all BSA and loose files and everything shows up, so i get confused. I go to the nexus mod manager to check if everything is intalled and plugins are active, and they are! so once again, i try launching skyrim through SKSE ( this also happens when i launck skyrim se through steam btw) but this time i launch it through NMM. Same thing happens. So, just to make sure, i go to the MODS section in game when you press ESC, and even in game it shows up every mod is installed! even the game KNOWS is there, but somehow they just dont work, dont appear, dont function, almost like they are NOT activated. I've tried searching for this but only some people who reported this issue in forums tried basic stuff and none of them or none of the people helping could find a solution. I'm getting really mad at this, specially because i've been modding for years now and there wasn't many issues apart from the common ones and those i was able to fix.

Does someone know a way to fix this?

I appreciate the reading. Hope someone helps me.

Just for the record, i have abou 97 mods installed. The game doesn't even crash or anything, it just doesnt show the mods working in game.

Hey man, thanks for the reply. I may have found the problem, but i still have no idea how to fix it.

So, when i installed Skyrim SE couple days ago and installed some mods, i couldn't launch the game. I would press the play button, or use skse, and steam would recognize it, but after a couple of seconds nothing would happen, and steam went back to '' online ''. The game wouldn't launch. So the only fix i found for this was deleting the '' plugins.txt.'' file on the appdata-local-Skyrim Special Editon folder. Apparently that was really dumb, seeing as that txt file holds all the mod plugins, and deleting it would delete pretty much every mod that required a plugin. And yeah, that happened, when i went back to NMM after that, all the mods were activated but pretty much NONE of the plugins were.

So, i have NO idea how to fix this. If i have every plugin activated, the game won't launch. If i don't have them, the game will launch but obviously with no mods, and that's not what i want.

Maybe it has something to do with the masterfile and load order? I don't know, im going to uncharted territory for me here.

If there is a way to sucessfully launch the game with the plugins.txt, then that would be ideal.

Thanks.