Vortex And Oblivion Issues

Kifyi

I'm also starting to wonder if I should just use OBMM or even NMM over Vortex for Oblivion.

I have Oblivion set up using WryeBash

Because Oblivion is such a complete Pain in the ass to Mod, I have no intention of moving it over to Vortex, as much as I like Vortex.

Because Oblviion really NEEDS the Special tags built into WryeBash to build Bashed Patches properly.

Same with Morrowind, I'm leaving both of those out of the picture.

I fixed it! Thank you DrakeTheDragon! I installed OBMM to do its timestamp correction magic and that seems to have made everything work! Qarl's textures, body replacer, all seems good now.

Thanks everyone for your time and advice! Hopefully this thread helps someone else with my issue.

It definitely helps -me- helping other folks in future with modding Oblivion with Vortex. I didn't know it adds a wrong line into the INI. Still don't know if it -also- adds the correct line at all at this point, but it's definitely worth keeping in mind this wrong line.

And the BSA timestamp issue is crucial. It's best to keep in mind to always fix this one first of all else, when modding Oblivion from Steam. And again I didn't know Vortex doesn't yet have anything on its own to take care of this one. That, too, is worth keeping in mind for future cases.

To round it up I now also know the name of Vortex dummy BSA. "Vortex - BSA Redirection.bsa" is a string I hopefully won't forget so soon. Now I know 3.

Oh, and... glad you got it fixed. Enjoy your modded game! :thumbsup:

It definitely helps -me- helping other folks in future with modding Oblivion with Vortex. I didn't know it adds a wrong line into the INI. Still don't know if it -also- adds the correct line at all at this point, but it's definitely worth keeping in mind this wrong line.

And the BSA timestamp issue is crucial. It's best to keep in mind to always fix this one first of all else, when modding Oblivion from Steam. And again I didn't know Vortex doesn't yet have anything on its own to take care of this one. That, too, is worth keeping in mind for future cases.

Oh, and... glad you got it fixed. Enjoy your modded game! :thumbsup:

This is good to know, (about using OBMM for the timestamp thing) should be added to the Wiki or wherever else

I fixed it! Thank you DrakeTheDragon! I installed OBMM to do its timestamp correction magic and that seems to have made everything work! Qarl's textures, body replacer, all seems good now.

Thanks everyone for your time and advice! Hopefully this thread helps someone else with my issue.

I am glad you found a workable solution for your game. And I thank DrakeTheDragon for calling attention to OBMM's timestamp feature. I used it a few years back and then promptly forgot it was there.

• 3 months later...

So I decided to try modding Oblivion with Vortex. I installed Oblivion, ran it, closed out, loaded up Vortex and have started installing some mods. Most of them work fine. OCO v2 works fine. Unofficial patches work fine. Quest mods seem to work fine. However, I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong to get body replacers working.

I've tried using HGEC and Robert's and none of it changes anything in game. I've set Vortex's Archive Invalidation on, I've since also installed archvie invalidation from the nexus site to try that way. I thought perhaps Vortex was installing the mods incorrectly and tried manually installing them. Nothing. It doesn't change anything, it's all vanilla. What am I doing wrong? Thank you in advance!

In regard to archive invalidation, do you have two AI utilities turned on? If so, turn one of them off. Having one AI turned on is sufficient. This probably won't solve the problem with HGEC and Roberts, but it will probably prevent other problems.

As for your problem mods, are they packaged as OMOD's or as 7Zip files?

I'm starting to mod Oblivion right now. I read that there are two "AI UTILITIES" to be turned off... What are these two AI utilities and where are they located ?

Sorry to seem dumb, but there was nothing like that in Skyrim (or at least not in my knowledge).

Thanks for your help.

So I decided to try modding Oblivion with Vortex. I installed Oblivion, ran it, closed out, loaded up Vortex and have started installing some mods. Most of them work fine. OCO v2 works fine. Unofficial patches work fine. Quest mods seem to work fine. However, I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong to get body replacers working.

I've tried using HGEC and Robert's and none of it changes anything in game. I've set Vortex's Archive Invalidation on, I've since also installed archvie invalidation from the nexus site to try that way. I thought perhaps Vortex was installing the mods incorrectly and tried manually installing them. Nothing. It doesn't change anything, it's all vanilla. What am I doing wrong? Thank you in advance!

In regard to archive invalidation, do you have two AI utilities turned on? If so, turn one of them off. Having one AI turned on is sufficient. This probably won't solve the problem with HGEC and Roberts, but it will probably prevent other problems.

I'm starting to mod Oblivion right now. I read that there are two "AI UTILITIES" to be turned off... What are these two AI utilities and where are they located ?

Sorry to seem dumb, but there was nothing like that in Skyrim (or at least not in my knowledge).

Thanks for your help.

AI Utilities = Archive Invalidated Utilities

Vortex has it already built in, however, it seems to work for some people and not for others.

Thanks for your help.

Please note that I nowhere said turn off two utilities. In my remark that you quote, I clearly said you need to turn on only one AI utility. If you have two activated, then turn one of them off.

AI tools are usually opt-in, not opt-out. An AI utility is not automatically installed with Oblivion. You have to activate the utility yourself. As HadToRegister has already said, Vortex provides an AI utility for Oblivion which you can choose to use or not.

Edited by Augusta Calidia

• 3 weeks later...

its now 2019 and I still cant get vortex to work with oblivion. I read every forum i can find and have exhausted all options and methods. I even used Obmm to timestamp bsa files and tried multiple methods for archive invalidation and the only thing i can get working is a few mods i manually installed. I hate to say I'm not the most experienced modder, but have had little to no issues figuring our skyrim fallout 3 NV and Fallout 4 modding, so i assume this stuff is just broken. I admit defeat oblivion cant be modded by me.

EDIT: removed profanity ~Jannifer

• 1 month later...

Resurrecting this thread because I'm also having issues getting AI to work with Oblivion. I'm playing it through Steam and can play with some mods active, but no replacers function. Manual mesh replacement doesn't work, neither do manually edited textures. I'm using the default AI that comes with Vortex.

I tried the OBMM timestamp trick that DrakeTheDragon mentioned above, but it causes my game to crash when loading.

Has there been any fix, or any consensus on what is causing this issue? I'm at a point where I may have to stop using Vortex for anything, since it's been causing me nothing but frustration.