Clover Perfected Custom textures

VAULTRENEGADE

The mod in question can be found here: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/7298?tab=posts

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out- I've been trying to swap out the custom body textures found in this mod w/ something else, but after altering the .BSA using the new textures, Clover appears entirely purple (indicating the new textures aren't taking effect). I already know there's nothing wrong w/the textures themselves (I've used different sets w/ normal NPCs just fine), but it appears as if the override ESP simply doesn't accept anything other than what was originally compiled in the .BSA. This is strange though, because I was still able to modify the femaleupperbody mesh located in the assets.BSA. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

I am no expert, but did you make certain the new textures are named exactly the same as the ones in the BSA file, and did you try toggling your archive invalidation off and back on again?

Thanks for the advice- got it solved. Looks like AI was acting up.

Edited by VAULTRENEGADE

• 5 months later...

After running into this problem a SECOND time, I can confirm that it actually had NOTHING to do with AI, improper assets/ textures- none of that. Apparently FOMM just likes being an a**hole; the BSA creator function OVERWRITES the root directory folder when creating a BSA, therefore rendering the corresponding data "non-existant" when the game boots up. Obviously this causes easily noticeable, albeit BIG problems! A fix for this is to create a "dummy" folder to place your data in before creating the actual BSA. Shocking, as the only other mention I've found of this problem was here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/fomm/discussion/999686/thread/698bebd9/

I completely forgot that as a possibility when I originally replied to you. That was something that took a while for me to get used to, when I was packing assets into .BSA form.