Wands and Broomsticks

AnotherAverageName

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carter sat in his meeting room, he had already sent out an owl two weeks ago informing them about the meeting. His secretary and other members of higher staff sat on one side of the table. Carter waited patiently for them to arrive, clicking his pen. He glanced at his watch, it was just three minutes away. It was a meeting discussing the rise of the Death Eaters, several people claimed that they disappeared years ago, others said otherwise.

Ian was sitting in his office doing his paperwork. Another day, another galleon. he thinks to himself, as he signs off a disciplinary report for parents of wizard children who were spotted with their parent's wand doing magic. A violet paper airplane flaps it's way to his in tray. Hmm, a memo. He muses, and picks it up to read. "Meeting? Since when would I be needed at a meeting!?" He exclaims, getting up. He starts running towards the lift, seeing the doors closing he changes into his Animagus form of a grey Hawk to swoop inside before the doors closed. After getting off on the correct floor, still in hawk form he flies his way to the meeting room. Returning to his proper form, he nods at Carter. "Sorry, I'm late. Nobody informed me I was supposed to be here until a few minutes ago. How can the Misuse of Magic office be of assistance?"

A few minutes later, Elizabeth Leblanc burst through the door of the meeting room, she was dressed in a long dark blue silk robe, only her hands and neck showing through the simple, yet very expensive garment. Over the top she wore an arctic fox fur coat, that was armless, and touched the floor behind her. Pushing up her huge hairdo, a messy, yet refined bouffant, (Like a mix between Bellatrix and Amy winehouse), she strode through the door with an air of elegance and superiority "I do apologize for how late i am, but i doubt i have missed anything worth listening to." She said, taking her seat.

His secretary looked at the woman, clearly disgusted " Learn to show some respect wom-" Said, the secretary, before getting cut off by Carter.

" Be quiet, John" He said, then focusing his attention back to Elizabeth.

" Yes, a threat. You of course know of the Death Eaters rising, yes?" He said, several colleagues rolled their eyes in unbelief.

" They begin to threat the ministry and its subjects directly, several people have gone missing." He said, taking out several pieces of paper, with the details of supposedly murdered victims. " Ian, take these." He said, passing him the sheets.

Edited by AnotherAverageName

Ian takes the papers, and glances at them. "Last time I checked, I was with the Misuse of Magic office, not the Aurors or the Magical Law Enforcement. How could I help with this matter? I lack the authority." Ian snaps out, clearly impatient to get back to his nice office and his paperwork.

Elizabeth focused an icy gaze on the man who insulted her... either he didn't know her family, or he was stupid... she noted him in her head as a probable murder victim. Elizabeth let out a loud, and clearly amused cackling laugh, hammering the table with her fist to add impact to her humor. She got up from her seat, and took off her coat "Death Eaters? Haha! Death Eaters? Yeah? that's what we think is the threat now is it? I will try and appeal, to those of you with logic in this room... the Death Eaters, are gone. They died out once 'he who must not be named' was defeated, based on the information that our researchers managed to procure from the death eaters imprisoned in azkaban, they lost all of there power... now, is it just me, or does this all sound a little silly?" She paused for a moment, looking around the room, allowing the effect of doubt to take place "How can the Death Eaters have 'reformed'? they are either dead, or locked away in Azkaban. Now i am not doubting the powers of any wizards and witches in this room, but there is no one that has the power to equal that of 'he who must not be named' is there? And there would have to be, for these death eaters to return." Elizabeth returned to her seat and said "The ministry is not lacking in enemies, it could be anyone, brigands, magical creatures, rogue agents... But death eaters? Please."

The whole room broke in to heated chatter, many of them taking Elizabeth's side of the argument to heart.