Wands and Broomsticks

AnotherAverageName

Gabriel nodded, as he got into a stance similar to Elizabeth's, but not as loose. It still needed work, as he knew she was much more experienced than he was. Still, it was a friendly duel... he hoped. Gabriel knew he was going to make the first move, and so he did. "Stupefy!" he said, flicking his wand, sending the spell towards Elizabeth.

( I know it's short, but it's a battle. XD)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elizabeth stood perfectly still as the spell hurled towards her, her grip on her wand very loose, as though she may drop it on the floor. Once the bolt of the spell was near her, she quickly flicked her wrist up, moving forward slightly as she did so, and saying "Protego!", it's beam colliding with that of Gabriel's stupify, sending the spell flying back towards Gabriel.

Gabriel quickly acting at the speeding Stupefy, and saying "Impedimenta!", the spell slowed down, and flew right past Gabriel, hitting the wall. He once again readied himself, as he started another spell in his wand, he said; "Sectumsempra!", with a quick slash against the shield, slashing Elizabeth's cheek. Of course, it was a curse, but it was the only thing he had against the shield.

As the whirlwind came ever so closer, he only had enough time for one spell, "Expelliarmus!" He managed to get out, sending the spell towards Elizabeth's wand. Throwing it away from her and as the spell hit Gabriel, his own wand was thrown away from him. However, he was thrown out of the dueling strip. He lost, sadly. After recovering from the forceful wind, he groaned quietly to himself, brushing off anything that might have gotten onto his shirt and pants. Gabriel raised his hands up in defeat, obviously losing miserably. "It seems you can still kick my ass Elizabeth," He said, smiling at her.

Elizabeth smiled "That i can... now, me and Gabriel's duel was over very quickly, i was using spells that could only hinder him... nothing that could kill. However fighting a real opponent would be another matter entirely. I could be over that quickly, only you could have had something far more deadly cast at you. Now, who's first?" She asked, holding out her fingers, and her wand returned to her hand.

Gabriel nodded at Elizabeth's words, "What she says is true. Battles with Dark Wizards can last very long, and can be very tiresome. Also, don't expect simple spells like me and Elizabeth were using, expect spells like Avada Kedavra, Conjunctivitis, Incendio and many others. Elizabeth will show you the ropes, I sadly have to go do... somethings," Gabriel said, with the last word said with an annoyed tone. Once again, he nodded at Elizabeth before he made his way out of the room, and continued to walk through the twists and turns of the halls of Hogwarts. He knew where he was going, but he wanted to delay it at all costs. It was something he really, really didn't want to do. Now arriving at Minerva's office once more, he took in a deep breath, and stepped inside.

Inside the dark room, stood Minerva, and other few older Wizards from the Ministry of Magic. Gabriel knew all about what this meeting was going to be about, and it was something that even he, had his skin crawl. Approaching the circle, he sat down at the table and awaited silently, until Minerva first spoke. "Everyone knows why they are here, and what to expect from this meeting," She started, taking a tiny sip of water from a wine glass. "This is about the murders that have happened recently, and about the Death Eater rumor, that has spread like wildfire across the students," She paused again, sighing to herself. " The rumors, are true," She murmured, and suddenly an uproar from the other Wizards started to argue. Minerva quickly silenced them though, "The reason to believe that this is true, was because of the sightings from recent reports about them. They have come back, and we need to warn the rest of the Ministry," She spoke once again, in a serious tone. Gabriel nodded, he still didn't believe it, but if Minerva said that they were back, they were. "So, do you have any ev-" One of the Wizards said, before he was cut off by Minerva. She pulled out multiple files of sorts, all with photos and detailed reports about the sightings. The Wizards talked amongst themselves for a moment, before turning back to Minerva once more. "What do you want us to do, Headmistress Minerva," One of them spoke. Minerva sighed, knowing full well what to do. "Gabriel, I need you to stay up, and patrol the halls at night for suspicious beings or people. We can't trust anyone anymore, if the Death Eaters have returned," Gabriel simply nodded, and left the room.

He returned to his bell tower room and began searching through his belongings until he found it, the Charm that allows him to see at night, without the use of the Lumos spell. Sighing once more, as he stuffed the small rock into his pocket for safe keeping for now. He sat on his bed, and waited. As he didn't have anything else to do at this point in the day.

Elizabeth walked down the strip, her hands behind her back, she spoke to the students and said "Now, first of all, your posture." She said, standing with her wand ready "For me, i can relax my muscles, i could dance around like a raving maniac if i desired, because my skill and form are mastered. You on the other hand, are only just starting, so i would expect a rigid position. Hold your wand out in front of you, and keep your other hand by your side, spread your legs until they are balanced. Now, you will have a suitable stance for dueling, this must, however be coupled with movement, so start taking your steps with your right foot, and if pushing back an opponent, right, left and so forth. If being pushed back, i would expect left, right and so on and so forth." She explained with a demonstration. She called a few students up and had then demonstrate, one clumsy child almost tripped off the dueling strip, which Elizabeth berated him for.

Next, she showed them all how to put up a suitable shield, she taught them the spell, and had them come up in pairs to perform it, casting simple spells at the shields, to test them. Once she was satisfied they had at least a basic idea of stance, movement and blocking, she moved on to pairing them up, and having them fight each other on the strip... there were a few injury's, but all of the heal-able kind, she had forbidden curses from the ring, and only spells to stun were permitted.

Once the class had ended later that day, she closed and locked the door to her dueling room, and walked down the corridor, she headed back up the stairs, the halls of hogwarts quiet... She reached her room, and entered, closing the door with silence, she set herself down on a chair, leaning over her desk. She wrote down a very simple message on a parchment, and sent it by owl to the town of hogsmeade. It was a message to a group of death eaters, and it simply stated Kill.

She sat in her room, for the rest of the evening, only when it got dark did she decide to set out once again...

Gabriel continued to sit in his room, staring out the window until the nice sunset came into view. However, Gabriel had other plans. After the sun finally set below the Mountains, he needed to go explore the halls once more, and hopefully catch anything suspicious. He thought that they're wouldn't be any Death Eater spies in Hogwarts, but it hasn't stopped them before. Once down the tower, Gabriel held the tiny rock in his palm, and said a few phrases. His eye color turned bright yellow, and his surroundings were easily seen. Now, it was time to stalk the halls... He started with the dorms; first the boys, then the girls. After no successes, he continued around the school, hopeful that he wouldn't see anything. It was almost to the point of time where Gabriel thought he was wasting his time, and could go back to bed. Though, something caught his attention to the corner of his eye. Turning quickly, he could definitely tell it was a person, and began to follow closely. It was still to dark to tell who it was, but it was obviously a woman.

Elizabeth continued on for a while, unaware of Gabriel tailing her, she walked briskly down the steps, turning corners in the halls, trying to keep away from rooms that had inhabitants... but suddenly, she noticed someone following her Oh damn! She thought, and changed her course, now heading for the potions room, she would make up an excuse that she needed a vial of drowsing potion. To help her sleep.