Editing NPC clothes in cutscenes and user mods

Sokemis

To start with, I have the Toolset, pyGFF editor, and nwn2gff downloaded. I am very inexperienced with mod making - basically my only experience with doing so in Origins is making a .mor in the toolset to slightly change the appearance of Tamlen. I was able to use the pyGFF to get an armor mod to work for Bethany in DA2 past Act 1 - but no without a lot of guidance from another modder. So still a modding newbie here, just warning, lol

There are two things I'm looking to do - any guidance or links to tutorials that would help me try and achieve these goals, if they are possible, would be greatly appreciated

1) I would like to edit what Leliana is wearing in the epilogue. I have a utc file downloaded that changes her outfit to one of the noble outfits - but I would like her to instead wear a custom dress from a user mod (one of the dresses in RL's Swan Song to be exact).

2) I would also like to change what Zevran and the Warden are wearing during the epilogue cut scene mod "Zevran Open Wedding". Again I would like them to each wear an item from RL's Swan Song.

I'm willing to put the work into trying to get these to work, if they are possible to do, I just don't know where to start to go about doing so.

Thank you in advance for any help :)

My basic tutorial on editing NPC/companion equipment: How to change DAO NPC equipment - including items added by mods! - without the toolset.

Note that Leliana's epilogue attire is scripted (she wears armor if 'hardened', else she wears a dress) so a UTC edit for her isn't universal. I never managed to get her to not wear clothing when hardened, even by editing the relevant script, but I'm also an idiot and was probably missing something important in the process... the UTC edit will work for a softie Lels, tho.

Leliana is softened in the particular playthrough I'm testing this on, so it should work.

Might be a silly question, but how do you designate where the file goes? I tried exporting the file, but couldn't find it...

I did make a copy of the UTC that I had downloaded and opened that in the tlkedit. When I tried changing the item name (in the CResRef field ), the new name wouldn't "stick", it kept reverting back to what it had been, Tried "save as" and saving it by adding a number to the end of the name, but when I reopened that one, it too had gone back to the "gen_im_cth_nob_af2" that was there originally. I thought maybe it was something with the name from the download, so I tried changing it to the name of one of the commoner cloths, "gen_im_cth_com_a00", just to see if that would work - still did the same thing.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Knowing me, it's probably something simple and obvious, lol

ETA: just noticed your username, I think the epi200cr_leliana.utc file I'm using to try and do this with is actually one of your mods.

Edited by Sokemis

IIRC, the toolset usually exports UTC files to [user]\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\modules\Single Player\override\toolsetexport... be sure to export w/o dependent resources else there will be a lot of garbage files to clean up.

Are you using TlkEdit for the UTC edits? If so, try clicking on another field before saving the changes.... don't edit anything in the second filed, just move the cursor there and then save the file.

Clicking on another field did the trick :smile: Like I said, was probably something simple :wink:

Thank you for your help!

Glad that did the trick... I should probably fix that tutorial one of these days and mention that quirk on TlkEdit. :confused: