How to resacle weapon size

farmland1995

Hey guys, please help me out.

I have Modkitchen 1.3, Better GUI for Modkitchen, Blender and already uncooked everything. I want to rescale existing weapons into bigger size. I don't wan't new model, but just want to make the existing models look bigger. There aren't many tutorials out there in Youtube and none of them have this specific in mind. Some tutorials said that I would need fbs, tga and obj files (for new model, I assume It also applies to existing models), however, there aren't any obj files in The Witcher 3.

Can someone give me a brief tutorial, note that I have zero knowledge or experience with Blender, or graphics design in general.

• 4 months later...

Hey, I know this post is already a bit older but in case you are still interested:

First of all: I recommend using W3Oven instead of Modkitchen. Modkitchen works but it already caused a lot of problems for me so I find W3Oven to be better.

After you uncooked the game you got a lot of .w2mesh files. You need to export these using Modkitchen or W3Oven. That way you get .fbx files which you can import in Blender.

Now for the scaling:

Right click the sword, press s, move the mouse and left click if it got the correct size.

Export the edited file and cook your mod. Be aware of the fact that the .xml file you got when exporting the file needs to be in the same folder as the .fbx file.

I recommend checking out Marvelmaster's videos on Youtube. He explains everything you need to get started and you can follow his instructions step by step to learn the process.