Mod Request: New Quest Space Race

AcidScorch

Hello Modders and Mod-Teams,

i've been thinking if it my be possible to also create custom quest by a mod? And inspired by some SF Movies (for example Millenium Falcon in Star Wars), the idea is, to have a Space Race in X4.

The Start- and End-Points could be currently inactiv Space-Gate's (i've found already one in my current Game-Progress).

Some further thoughts:

- Quest Series to beat several Opponents each one with different Durations to beat and better rewards for the harder Opponents

- Ghost Mode to beat your own Best-Time

- Extended Ghost Mode v1 (may be a little tricky, but realy nice):

- Capture the Movement of the Player-Ship, which is saved if a new Best Time was reached

- Also Save the Ship-Type and Konfiguration

- If a Movement-Capture exists and the Race is started again, then in the Moment, when flying through the start gate, a ghost script is created from the saved Informations and this ship flys like the Player did last time ( I don't know if it may be possible to make the ghost transparent and non-collidable)

- Extended Ghost Mode v2

- Foreword: I don't know if Routes/Gates/Sektors are random in X4 > if yes, forget the following. if not, please build it:

- The saved Movement-Capture can be named by the Player (for example editing the ship name in the file)

- This capture can then be given to a friend which is also Playing X4 and then selected as Opponents (with the Ghost-Flight of your Friend).

!Caution:

- All Race-Modes should lead to Quest-Fail, if Teleporter is used

- All Race-Modes should lead to Quest-Fail, if Mods are used that change Travel-Speed, Burst, Shield (for Burst), and so on...

Comments and Thoughts are very welcome,

thanks acidscorch

ps: If you think this would be nice to have, please post a thumbs up as reply ;)