BTmod not working whatsoever...HELP(GOG GOTY DELUXE V1.2.0416)

Justkill43

I'm running the GOG GOTY Deluxe edition and I've tried installing it both manually and through OMM multiple times.

When I install it literally nothing happens as if I haven't installed it,no mod confilctions.

Does this have something to do with the customization kit?Do I have to download it and use it to activate it somehow?

Any help is appreciated,thanks in advance!

>>EDIT:SOLVED,WRYE BASH INSTALLED IT PROPERLY<<

Edited by Justkill43

Before apply any mod:

1. Do BSA redirection via OBMM or Wrye Bash or install 'ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated'.

2. Check file date(especially for all bsa files). I once heard the timestamp of the game bought from GOG is 'weird'. You may need to edit file timestamp with some external utilities.

Okay so I installed archiveinvalidation invalidated,reinstalled BTmod,didn't work,maybe I'm missing something with this step?

Also I read up on that timestamp being weird thing,the fix for that is setting oblivion.bsa-s timestamp to something like 1.1.2000,turns out oblivion.bsa's timestamp is already exactly that.

I ran BOSS as well and it doesn't even see that BT mod is installed even though I did install it multiple times.

Before apply any mod:

1. Do BSA redirection via OBMM or Wrye Bash or install 'ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated'.

2. Check file date(especially for all bsa files). I once heard the timestamp of the game bought from GOG is 'weird'. You may need to edit file timestamp with some external utilities.

Okay so I installed archiveinvalidation invalidated,reinstalled BTmod,didn't work,maybe I'm missing something with this step?

Also I read up on that timestamp being weird thing,the fix for that is setting oblivion.bsa-s timestamp to something like 1.1.2000,turns out oblivion.bsa's timestamp is already exactly that.

I ran BOSS as well and it doesn't even see that BT mod is installed even though I did install it multiple times.

The ArchiveInvalididation Invalidated method is old probably not reliable either, so I wouldn't recommend using that method.

If I were you I would only use Wrye Bash and I know one can install UI mods e.g BTmod, DarN UI (plus various versions of the original mod) via BAIN in Wrye Bash.

Personally, I perfer to only use Wrye Bash for all mods I use in Oblivion, but I find OBMM a lot better when I install Gothic251's DarkUId DarN mod and I don't want to play without a UI mod. So, the DarkUId DarN mod is an exception as I need to use OBMM due for better scripting.

Remember, BOSS cannot detect UI mods like BT Mod or DarN UI, because none of these UI mods has an esp. That's why you don't see the BT Mod in BOSS when sorting your loadorder.

Edited by leonardo2

* Basically, installing 'ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated' does BSA redirection, which is the recommended way of archive invalidation.

By the way, can you see bunch of .xml files and subdirectories when you open (Your Game)/Data/Menus? They should be.

* Basically, installing 'ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated' does BSA redirection, which is the recommended way of archive invalidation.

By the way, can you see bunch of .xml files and subdirectories when you open (Your Game)/Data/Menus? They should be.

Archiveinvalidation didn't seem to help,everything is as it should be in data/menus

Before apply any mod:

The ArchiveInvalididation Invalidated method is old probably not reliable either, so I wouldn't recommend using that method.

If I were you I would only use Wrye Bash and I know one can install UI mods e.g BTmod, DarN UI (plus various versions of the original mod) via BAIN in Wrye Bash.

Personally, I perfer to only use Wrye Bash for all mods I use in Oblivion, but I find OBMM a lot better when I install Gothic251's DarkUId DarN mod and I don't want to play without a UI mod. So, the DarkUId DarN mod is an exception as I need to use OBMM due for better scripting.

Remember, BOSS cannot detect UI mods like BT Mod or DarN UI, because none of these UI mods has an esp. That's why you don't see the BT Mod in BOSS when sorting your loadorder.

Nice,Wrye bash seems to have installed it properly,I'm gonna keep using OBMM as I'm used to it for now but I'll keep in mind that wrye can do some more trickier installs,thanks!