Remove some lighting that wouldn't last 200+ years

nikoligrim

Apparently I'm using the wrong keywords to find things or someone just hasn't made anything yet... This question is mainly for Fallout 4 and Skyrim...

So has anyone made a mod that removes some of the more ridiculous lighting that Bethesda added? Such as lit lanterns, torches, or candles out in the middle of nowhere or lit fire barrels in areas that supposedly have been unoccupied for the last 200+ years. It's a bit unbelievable that after breaking into a building that there would be light sources as if someone just stepped out. I can believe that electrical power might be available to keep some things running, but a lantern, torch, or a fire barrel is going to burn themselves out pretty rapidly with no one maintaining them.

You know, for whatever reason, that never bothered me... or I just wasn't paying attention to it. I was too 'disturbed' by all the 'recently dead' raiders in subway tunnels no-one was able to get into since the bombs fell (I'm not talking about ones that had access, like in College Square - I am talking about ones like those connected to Vault 88... and there are others).

And lets not even get into all the post-war chems and foodstuffs in those same 'sealed' locations, sometimes even in someone's lunchbox!

Nope... if you started with the fires, you'd soon find yourself completely rebuilding this nonsensical world.

I agree with Markus, I mean have you seen what a car tire looks like 200 years being in extreme weather conditions? It's completely useless and the material is useless. You wouldn't be able to scrap it for rubber if your life depended on it.

Plants and trees don't grow. bulls***. Nuking the planet ten times over wouldn't prevent plants from starting to grow again. Waking up 200 years later it is far more likely that you step into an overgrown world with lush trees and fields as far as the eye can reach.

The Boston area looks like someone deliberately put crap and trash everywhere and no one bothers to clean it up. Stone and concrete buildings are broken for no reason, but pre war wooden houses are in tip top shape.

This is not what Fallout 1 and 2 looked like at all. They just went overboard. I mean it's fun and all, but please don't try to make sense of much of it.

Edited by AeonsLegend

Agree

The world looks much more like a '25 years after' scenario.

In fact, it looks far more like one then THAT ACTUAL scenario in Fallout '76

In that version of the world, ghouls go strait to feral... but can still use guns. 200 years later, some pre-war ghouls are still rational, thinking beings. Go figure.

My only advice is not to think too hard about Beth-mess-da games. Just have fun with it for what it is.