Disabling Mods Causing Crashes

Tekek

If you disable the mod, it doesn't automatically disable or get rid of the plugin (at least for New Vegas) and the game just crashes as it tries to load a mod that is disabled. The plugin should be disabled or deleted if the mod is disabled. I ended up just uninstalling a ton of mods because figuring out which ones were broken due to this was extremely tedious.

If you disable the mod, it doesn't automatically disable or get rid of the plugin (at least for New Vegas) and the game just crashes as it tries to load a mod that is disabled. The plugin should be disabled or deleted if the mod is disabled. I ended up just uninstalling a ton of mods because figuring out which ones were broken due to this was extremely tedious

With Vortex I'm managing Fallout 3, Fallout 4, and Skyrim SE. I have never encountered the problem you describe, and I've been using Vortex for about ten months. When I disable a mod the plugin is automatically disabled. In fact, it disappears from the plugin page. Do you have auto-sort and auto-deploy enabled?

If you disable the mod, it doesn't automatically disable or get rid of the plugin (at least for New Vegas) and the game just crashes as it tries to load a mod that is disabled. The plugin should be disabled or deleted if the mod is disabled. I ended up just uninstalling a ton of mods because figuring out which ones were broken due to this was extremely tedious.

I have 136 mods installed for New Vegas, I haven't run into the problems you seem to be running into.

You've said in your other thread that you don't feel like learning how Vortex and it's sorting system works, so I'm not sure what to tell you./

I can tell you that 95% of the problems reported here are user errors, installing Vortex wrong, not following directions, watching tutorials, reading the knowledge base etc.