Dysfunctional Weapon Plaques and Racks

Kinkaid

I am so glad to see that the weapon racks and plaques are buggy for other people, as well. In a personal mod of mine, I have 6 combo weapon/shield plaques. Wanting to test out the mod, I placed various weapons on them. What happened was nothing short of chaotic: some of the weapons didn't align properly on the plaque; some ended up nowhere near the plaque; and some ended up somewhere in the middle of the room.

But the fun doesn't end there! After removing all of the weapons and shields, two of the weapons didn't want to leave: Axe of Whiterun and an Ebony Waraxe of the Inferno. I successfully removed them, but when I exited and entered the house the weapons were back on the racks...sort of. They hung there for a moment before falling to the floor. I even put them in a container outside, but they still kept returning to the plaques. Even more odd is that the Axe of Whiterun, one time when I went to pick it up it said "Steal," instead of "Take." In the end, I decided it was best to just go into the CK and unlink the plaques and activators until I figured out how to solve the problem.

Edited by Jambo11

• 8 months later...

Drop a weapon on the ground, Pick it up using E so it just floats in front of you, rub it on or around the rack or plaque in question. Took me a while to find this fix and I'm glad it worked. My Breezehome Racks didn't have the activate option but this worked when the other fixes didn't.

Wow, this totally worked and reactivated the plaque! Do other people know about this? I've been scouring the internet, trying to find a solution to this problem... and BOOM, so simple.

I did notice that once you do this with a weapon, that particular weapon will no longer position itself properly on the plaque. But that's really a pretty minor issue.

Thanks so much for posting this!!

• 8 months later...

I've noticed weapons racks initially working when I first put a weapon on them, but once I remove the weapon by clicking on it in game, the rack stops functioning - can't put anything else on it. This seems to happen more when I use a crafted weapon or mod weapon rather than a just plain vanilla one. The way I worked around the bug on the pc was this:

Press ~ to open the console.

Click on the weapon you want to remove so it's ref id is now displayed.

Enter "disable"

Enter "moveto player"

Enter "enable"

Press ~ to close console.

The weapon should now be on the floor next to you (off the rack), and the weapon rack will allow other weapons to be placed back on it.

This works PERFECTLY. Don't even need to go into the console.

• 8 months later...

I've noticed weapons racks initially working when I first put a weapon on them, but once I remove the weapon by clicking on it in game, the rack stops functioning - can't put anything else on it. This seems to happen more when I use a crafted weapon or mod weapon rather than a just plain vanilla one. The way I worked around the bug on the pc was this:

Enter "disable"

Enter "moveto player"

Enter "enable"

The weapon should now be on the floor next to you (off the rack), and the weapon rack will allow other weapons to be placed back on it.

This fixed it for me. I'm using a weapon rack in the Skyfall Estate player home mod. I thought I wanted to display a shiv from Cidhna Mine near the mannequin wearing the (useless but cool looking) Old Gods armor set, but the tiny little thing didn't look good there. I couldn't activate the weapon plaque to remove it until I tried this trick.

Thanks @SplashDamage!

• 6 months later...

tried to mount blade of Jaalmarch in the bedroom area of Windstad manor (tried both sheathed and unsheathed) and every time it loads up a steel sword of torpor - tried SV it says no papyrus attached ... anyone? BTW I'm level 99 and got over most problems that get thrown up.

• 1 year later...

Drop a weapon on the ground, Pick it up using E so it just floats in front of you, rub it on or around the rack or plaque in question. Took me a while to find this fix and I'm glad it worked. My Breezehome Racks didn't have the activate option but this worked when the other fixes didn't.

old thread but wanted to thank you.. this works for shield plaques as well

:thumbsup:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Enter "disable"

Enter "moveto player"

Enter "enable"

You saved my life man 10x so much! Hehe that's simple and clever :) Wish you good luck...

• 8 months later...