[LE] Creating a New Currency: Is It Possible?

jucoking

I have searched and come up relatively empty on the topic of Skyrim currency, but it seems pretty baked-in to the system. Gold is not treated the same way other items/objects are and it's proven difficult trying to pry back the scripting involved, not to mention messing with merchant packages.

My question is this: is it possible to create a new form of currency? Or, could anyone point me to a script that could be used to add/remove items with the appropriate checks?

Interesting concept, but I don't think that will help with what I'm trying to accomplish. I basically want to make enemies drop a specific item that can be exchanged for goods and services (used as money, without relying on GOLD).

I will keep combing through the scripts on the mod you referred me to see if I can glean anything useful.

Edited by jucoking

Have a custom trade topic that opens an external merchant container via script.

Then add a script to the container that checks everything being added and removed from the container. In the case of something being removed, either remove an amount of your custom currency from the player, or if the player doesn't have enough to pay the price, just throw the removed item back into the container, perhaps show a message that says you couldn't afford it or something.

I have made some progress after modifying some of DarkFox's script (which I need to sell keys). Here is what I have that has successfully compiled so far:

Scriptname CV2_BuyWhiteCrystal extends ObjectReference  

;PLEASE KEEP THIS CREDIT LINE IN YOUR SCRIPT IF USED
;Original universal script created by Darkfox127
;Any potential problems which may arise from this script being changed from the original are the sole responsibility of the mod author making the changes

Key Property NewKey Auto

MiscObject Property DeadKey Auto

ObjectReference Property PlayerREF Auto

MiscObject Property CV2_HeartCurrency Auto

Event OnContainerChanged(ObjectReference akNewContainer, ObjectReference akOldContainer)

If akNewContainer == PlayerREF
        If Game.GetPlayer().GetItemCount(CV2_HeartCurrency) >= 15
            Game.GetPlayer().RemoveItem(CV2_HeartCurrency, 15)
            PlayerREF.RemoveItem(DeadKey, 1, True)
            PlayerREF.AddItem(NewKey, 1, True)
        Else
            Debug.Trace("Not enough hearts")
        EndIf
    EndIf

EndEvent

The problem I'm having now is the fact that I can't make a merchant sell something for 0 gold, even if I set the value of the items to "0". How do I sell an item for zero gold?