[Request / Feedback] Filtering OUT Translation mods, Hot Mods/More Mods

NewThalos

I know this sounds like an English speaking entitlement request, but when I come to the HOT Mods and More Mods section of my favorite game, looking for what's new, I hate having to scroll through piles of translation mods just to find something new.

Alternatively, I imagine some of our non-English speaking community members would like to filter and see only their preferred language translations that are newly added.

REQUEST: Please add a language filter button like you do for the Advanced Search menu, or allow us to specify in our profile that we only want to see content of certain language types/origins.

11 out of 20 showcased mods on my Hot/More Mods splash page are for non-English translations for the same stuff I already have, or have already seen. That means 55% of the showcased content being recommended to me isn't even in my native language. :sad:

FIX: Add a Language Drop-down to the main splash page?

i5VyLFh.jpg

BPOIhSA.jpg

For now, did you know you can simply block any non-English tags in your preferences?

Hey Pickysaurus, I really appreciate your reply. :smile:

Unfortunately, I already had the languages blocked on my profile, however I did notice some additional ones that I skipped-- sadly, those languages were not relevant to the mods still being shown on my HOT/More Mods menu. I've since blocked everything except English, and yet they remain on my HOT/More Mods splash page.

I don't think tags play any role in what gets shown on the HOT/More Mods menu unless you go into Advanced Search options. If tags ARE supposed to be taken into effect on the splash page, then I must inform you that it isn't functioning as intended.

What else have you got? :smile:

EDIT:

I might add that a big issue is that uploaders are not doing their due diligence in properly labeling/tagging their content. If the tag functionality does in fact get blocked like you said from the splash page, then it's likely that a large amount of non-English translation uploads simply aren't tagging their content appropriately.

Addendum:

Yup, people simply aren't tagging their content appropriately, the following mod as one example:

Kynreeve Armor Turkish Translation

People have been manually trying to tag it appropriately as Turkish, (I added my +1, making a total of +2) but the author still needs to approve said tag, but the author only tags it as "Translation" and not a specific language.

I unfortunately can't filter out "Translation" as an available option because that might filter out foreign content that was translated into English.

2aFdKsE.jpg

How do we go about increasing more awareness for uploaders to tag more accurately without coming off as being unfriendly?

How do we go about increasing more awareness for uploaders to tag more accurately without coming off as being unfriendly?

Dark0ne does not believe in having any more "must do" items in order for authors to publish their mods than absolutely necessary. Authors are not required to tag their mods at all. Nor to categorize them. Nor do anything other than provide a working mod who's description accurately reflects what the mod does.

Anything more is completely voluntary. So you can "ask nicely" and hope more authors take the actions you want, but that's about it.

Or, why don't you just get the last one, the 3rd one, on board to click that tag, and set the tag into stone yourselves ultimately? It takes only "3" user votes for a tag to become active for a reason.

Good to know. Thanks for the insight bud! :)

Dark0ne does not believe in having any more "must do" items in order for authors to publish their mods than absolutely necessary. Authors are not required to tag their mods at all. Nor to categorize them. Nor do anything other than provide a working mod who's description accurately reflects what the mod does.

Anything more is completely voluntary. So you can "ask nicely" and hope more authors take the actions you want, but that's about it.

hey Thandal, thanks for chiming in bud. And yeah, I totally get what you're saying, I just think it would be cool to get more "opt out" options from seeing mods that are unknowingly circumventing the filter system. Not a deal breaker, just an annoyance.

Edit: Drake answered my question pretty directly regarding the tag system. Much appreciated! Cheers!

Hi NewThalos,

Thanks for the suggestion.

For now, did you know you can simply block any non-English tags in your preferences?

Here's our help page on the topic: https://help.nexusmods.com/article/39-how-do-i-hide-or-show-adult-or-other-specific-content

This has already been covered months as to why this doesn't work.

I blocked all other languages and found that I was missing mods that I use on a regular basis, and it was because the mod authors tagged their own mods with the language/nationality that they are/speak

For instance, the "Autoharvest SE" mod, the author is Japanese, and barely speaks English, so he tagged his mod with the "Japanese" tag, (probably figuring the tag was just to show the Mod Author's Country or Language) so, if you block "Japanese", now his mod won't show up in your search, even though the mod is in English.

Tags on this site really need to be reworked as to how they function

THis thread is not a solution to the problem, and only causes more problems that AFAIK have NOT been fixed with the Language Tags

I'm still waiting for the game forums (Nexus Site Forums) to be sorted alphabetically instead of by creation date.

Guest deleted34304850

Or, why don't you just get the last one, the 3rd one, on board to click that tag, and set the tag into stone yourselves ultimately? It takes only "3" user votes for a tag to become active for a reason.

i never knew about this at all. is it documented anywhere? i have applied tags to mods, trying to better organise them based on the sledgehammer/walnut filtering that we have in place and have never seen any of my tags be accepted (seen plenty removed by mod authors), so i end up having to turn off all filtering, which isnt the best as i have no desire to see sex mods and the like - but it is what it is.