[Request / Feedback] Filtering OUT Translation mods, Hot Mods/More Mods

NewThalos

I think to recall it was more prominently explained in the past, but it's at least still mentioned on the WiKi now: https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Tag

Though having an explanatory text on the tagging page/popup itself, as I recall it was in the past, if I'm not completely wrong that is, certainly was more public than now.

Hi NewThalos,

Thanks for the suggestion.

For now, did you know you can simply block any non-English tags in your preferences?

Here's our help page on the topic: https://help.nexusmods.com/article/39-how-do-i-hide-or-show-adult-or-other-specific-content

This has already been covered months as to why this doesn't work.

I blocked all other languages and found that I was missing mods that I use on a regular basis, and it was because the mod authors tagged their own mods with the language/nationality that they are/speak

For instance, the "Autoharvest SE" mod, the author is Japanese, and barely speaks English, so he tagged his mod with the "Japanese" tag, (probably figuring the tag was just to show the Mod Author's Country or Language) so, if you block "Japanese", now his mod won't show up in your search, even though the mod is in English.

Tags on this site really need to be reworked as to how they function

THis thread is not a solution to the problem, and only causes more problems that AFAIK have NOT been fixed with the Language Tags

I'm still waiting for the game forums (Nexus Site Forums) to be sorted alphabetically instead of by creation date.

HadToRegister,

We're aware of the problem, I am simply offering an alternative while we come up with a better solution. I've been drafting out my own personal ideas for an improvement to how we handle languages but it's early days. I'd have to run it via the devs and Dark0ne to make sure it's possible and a good fit for the site.

I'd personally like a section where you "opt-in" to languages on your profile, and if a mod does not contain one or more of your language selections it does not appear. In the short term, we might be able to find a way to link "Language" selected when uploading a mod to its corresponding tag, but we'll see.

If you have alternative suggestions, by all means let me know :)

Also regarding the game forums, that's basically down to being "not how IP Board works". I would imagine if we make significant changes to the forum in future, finding content will be a bit easier than it is now :)

For now, you can go to the games page (https://www.nexusmods.com/games/) on the main site, sort that A-Z and once on the Nexus site, click on "Forums" in the navigation bar. You can add the ones you visit a lot to your favourites too :)

• 7 months later...
Here is something that seems to be working well for me. I figured out most of the translations I am seeing are actually being uploaded by the same hand full of authors who seem to have nothing original of their own to add, so i have just been blocking those authors instead of the tags or languages and that has worked out great.

Guest deleted34304850

i too, block tags that mention different languages, simply because i don't need those versions of the mod. however, for reasons that are not clear to me, simsettlements, which is by far one of the most popular mods for fallout4 has been tagged with the language of 'russian'. which means that as i block that tag, i now block simsettlements. thankfully i know about this, and i'm also on the simsettlements website so i get notified by other means, but it shows that the tag system can be and is counter-intuitive. it is a very broadbrush method that does work - but because it's so broadbrush, it can have unintended consequences, such as the one i have pointed out in this thread.

i did mention this in the recent request for site feedback. it may get lost in the noise, i don't know. this is one area that if reworked, could be a huge benefit to the site, assuming you don't come up with something even more cack-handed than tags which can be blocked by the mod author, or requires several people to tag the mod the same way before that tag is actioned.

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...