epic games launcher, subnautica mods

peterson39241

2 days ago this was flawless, today, I can launch subnautica but not from vortex, nor do any mods load and i dont recall installing to my c drive but low and behold their it is. all my bethesda games are on the E drive (only subnautica is on my D drive as it uses sym-link deployment) so am fairly certain i would have opted to install it on the E drive for the hard-link deployment.

i rolled back todays win10 update, kaspersky has no issue with vortex, unreal engine, or subnautica.

As part of the process of elimination, I am going to re-install vortex now, if it wont let install to my E drive, I will try using steam mover. not sure what to do if that yields nothing... it leaves one thing, the Fences app from Stardock that i got to unclutter my desktop...might have overwritten something but then i can launch everything from the desktop just fine...

...maybe Subnautica and or the unreal launcher was updated and now blocks anything cheat like?

After reinstalling Vortex and i was able to mod and launch Bethesda's games again from Vortex again. Then i reinstalled Subnautica, so it is now outside of program files.

At that point I still could not launch Subnautica from Vortex so I closed it and tried booting the "subnautica.exe" directly and had the same problem, but i could still launch it from the desktop icon but no mods were loading, so I right clicked on the icon to look at its properties, instead of a "shortcut" tab it has a "web document" tab.

Is this a form of DRM put in place by Epic games in the last few days?

Seems like it is, as I can no longer launch Epic Games version of Subnautica without an internet connection.

so unless it becomes possible to change the target setting "D:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica.exe" in vortex and replace it with the URL present in the icons web docment tab, we can no longer launch/run subnautica from Vortex dashboard.

but I found if you can keep Vortex open to "manage your mods" and launch Subnautica from the icon on the desktop or the epic games launcher itself. it all works just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

need help running subnautica mods on epic-games launcher. i installed qmods in the game directory but popped up as "not found"....left it that way and created a new folder "Qmods" and droped the mod folder in the directory. The mod dosn't work when i run the game.

the qmod installation method i think was meant to work on STEAM platform and not EPIC-GAMES i guess. is there a qmod installation for epic-games or a way around. Or dose it only work on the Steam platform, if so how do i transfer the game and save data to steam....i might need to create a back up also...no clue how.

PLEASE HELP....

Dphiljoe, it definitely works, as I am running epic games version, with the exception of "detailed maps" and "new biomes for map mod", all of my mods are intstalled with vortex.

My games root directory is "D:\Epic Games\Subnautica". This is where Qmods needs to be installed to, delete the "\not found" click/tap "next" then "install"

A properly intsalled mods file path should be like "D:\Epic Games\Subnautica\QMods\EasyCraft".

oh it took me about a day to figure out that instead of "D:\Epic Games\Subnautica\QMods\Qmods - No Autosort\DockedVehicleStorageAccess" "docked vehicle storage access" needs to be "D:\Epic Games\Subnautica\QMods\DockedVehicleStorageAccess".

Thanks that helped!!! got rid of "\not found " during installation.

It works...though i'm only running Qmods and not vortex alongside

Hello. Hope you can help me... Play subnautica on epic games and install nitrox multiplayer. But nothing is stored concerning collected things or boxes. Buildings that have been built remain. So it looks like the private stuff is not saved. Thanks for your help!

Hello. Hope you can help me... Play subnautica on epic games and install nitrox multiplayer. But nothing is stored concerning collected things or boxes. Buildings that have been built remain. So it looks like the private stuff is not saved. Thanks for your help!