epic games launcher, subnautica mods

peterson39241

DanielDolota2005

Map mod 1.4.0 does not work for epic games version.

Use 1.3.6 instead.

Also note that If you are using Vortex, "new biomes for map mod" and "detailed maps" have to be installed manually in order to work properly.

my friend on discord has this same issue except it loads but closes subnautica. i told him to rename the not found folder as Qmods ''case sensitive'' were trying to figure out why its closing. it may be his mods installed or a corrupt folder i dont know but we will try reinstalling qmod or try reinstalling vortex .... or NMM could take over for it as its stable ''just saying''

Simzz696

1st issue: their should not be a "not found" folder at all, by renaming it you have likely wound up with "D:\Epic Games\Subnautica\QMods\Qmods" instead of "D:\Epic Games\Subnautica\QMods", as a result files have been installed into the wrong place and so will any mods vortex tries to install.

2cnd issue: it seems that as a method of DRM, the epic games version has to be launched from the Epic games launcher or the desktop icon put their when the game was installed.

If you try to launch it from vortex or the games exe file itself, it (not sure exactly what) will, without exception, close the game.

the only problem with this is unlike steam or gog, you can't play this or any other single player game with out an active internet connection.

All I have had to do so far is to make sure the net connection is their and have Vortex open when I launch subnautica from either Epic Games Launcher or its dektop icon.

I dont have a qmods folder but i made a new folder and put qmods and smlhelper in there and then tried installing a mod but how do i install the mod

?????

i installed the mod on the pc but how do i add it to subnautica

also where is subnautica.exe

Edited by CalvinTheAce

Hello CalvinTheAce, if oyu have not done so already, what you need to do first is download and install the "QModManager" the URL is "https://www.nexusmods.com/subnautica/mods/16" this is what makes mods work in subnautica.

you should not make a qmods folder yourself as the installer do that for you,

If you can find the time, by reading through the previous posts from the top of page 1 to to your post (this being page 2), I believe you will be able to learn enough to get most if not all mods for Subnautica working.

• 2 years later...