Heavy Traffic ×

Cicero - Did you kill him or let him live?

Cynster

Well?..  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Did you kill Cicero or let him live?

The first time I played the quest, I killed him because I didn't role-play and thought it was the "right" choice. However on my second playthrough I spared him instead, because my Argonian assassin wouldn't kill someone who would be loyal to the Night Mother. And when he came back to the Sanctuary, I really did think he was going to kill me but then.. he wasn't :teehee: Never have took him as a follower though, I wonder what it's like having a jester following you everywhere in Skyrim.

:biggrin:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't kill him. Like him too much now after you play it through a few times the little guy grows on you. Even when bad stuff happens to him he sounds happy that attitude rubs off. His loyalty as well somebody like him would not turn on you unless you go against the Night Mother. If I could of I would have killed Astrid right after you become the listener just because of the whole I run this not the Night Mother thing.

I killed him. He seemed to me to be a liability and would endanger future additions to the Dark Brotherhood, and he needed some punishment for what he did. Since there are only two options for punishment in Skyrim, Death or Jail, and I can't put him in jail, I killed him. Loyal to the Night Mother or not, Cicero's loyalties wouldn't be with the other members except the Listener her/his self. When I remake the Brotherhood, its social structure would be one of closeness and familial bonds so no member would leave another behind.

I'd also point out that I'm miffed that Astrid died. I would have liked to keep her...

Edited by Cipherthe3vil

I killed him. He seemed to me to be a liability and would endanger future additions to the Dark Brotherhood, and he needed some punishment for what he did. Since there are only two options for punishment in Skyrim, Death or Jail, and I can't put him in jail, I killed him. Loyal to the Night Mother or not, Cicero's loyalties wouldn't be with the other members except the Listener her/his self. When I remake the Brotherhood, its social structure would be one of closeness and familial bonds so no member would leave another behind.

I'd also point out that I'm miffed that Astrid died. I would have liked to keep her...

Really?Even after all she have done?She tried to kill you,she betrayed you and all the Sanctuary,and let then die in the hand of some thugs.She doesn´t deserve to live.Cicero is cool, he´s a nice guy, and its loyal to the Listener and the Night Mother.Killing him, you would be insulting Sithis, and all the Dark Brotherhood.

Really?Even after all she have done?She tried to kill you,she betrayed you and all the Sanctuary,and let then die in the hand of some thugs.She doesn´t deserve to live.Cicero is cool, he´s a nice guy, and its loyal to the Listener and the Night Mother.Killing him, you would be insulting Sithis, and all the Dark Brotherhood.

I highly doubt Sithis gives a rats-ass about some crazy fool (Literally, Fool. Not to make a jest.) over the Night Mother's chosen Listener.

I would have kept Astrid. Her penance would have been to remain at my side for eternity, dressed in a maid outfit and bent to my every will as I go around killing dragons. What better cover for a contract killer then the identity of a well known, and legendary, dragon slayer who saved the world?

Lucien Lechance seems to think otherwise:

"I will kill this Jester if you so wish, but there is a disturbance in the void, this is not what our dread father desires."

"The Keeper is a sacred position within the Dark Brotherhood. Ask yourself: Do you trust the wisdom of our Lady?"

Yet he's dead and I'm now the Listener and leader (that's not to say the "head" of the brotherhood, which would be the Night Mother while this Sithis fellow never seems to have any involvement besides having his name slapped on the back.) of the Dark Brotherhood. :huh: Edited by Cipherthe3vil

I too thought he was really going to fight me at the end and my thought were... "Aw man, this guy was cool. I didn't want to kill him." So when he started laughing, he really grew on me. When making the choice to kill him, I used the players guide to find out if it hurts my outcome. It seems Skyrim doesn't really have many alternate endings in it besides joining either the Stormcloaks or Imperials. My character, who is pretty much me, related to Cicero... A man with heart who lives a dark life. A "grey" who also has a good sense of humor and is a little insane. He's a pretty good character.

I'm going to do another play through and this time I'll let him live. :rolleyes:

He sounds funny. Just wish his voice was less annoying.

Well, make sure to do the quest at the farm to get the full appreciation of his character. Some of his funniest dialogue is when he's crying about being stuck with his "poor mother". Just in case you didn't know, you can only do that quest before joining the DB. It's on the road east of Whiterun. And your choices in that quest can have a pretty interesting outcome too.

If you get Cicero into trouble in that quest, later on you find everyone there has been murdered!