Visuals & Performance combo

Katarsi

I like having pretty, immersive Skyrim with minimal performance issues. Don't we all, right? My computer is on the weaker side regarding VRAM, first and foremost being a lap top with integrated graphics. I managed to balance my mods in order to lessen their impact on the system, however I'm having doubts whether I actually need all of them.

First of all, I have this "ENB substitute" installed because it allegedly helps with game performance:

http://enbdev.com/mod_fallout4_v0283.htm

Yeah, I know it's for Fallout, but it works for Skyrim as well. It's recommended here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/15146/?tab=description

So far it hadn't given me any serious problems, apart from the long loading screen when initiating the game.

Also, I don't know if this is related, but my quicksave lasts for about 35 seconds - which kinda defeats the purpose of it being quick. It's mindblowingly tedious to wait, so if anyone knows how to shorten this time span, or what causes it to be so long, do let me know!

As for the pretties, this is the list:

• Skyrim Flora Overhaul - Trees only, with 2K LODS
  • SMIM
  • Noble Skyrim - Performance version with SMIM patch
  • Enhanced blood textures
  • Enhanced lighting for ENB (ELE) SE
  • Lightweight Grass Overhaul
  • No more radial blur - performance optimization
  • Realistic Water Two
  • Skyrim SE Project Optimization - No homes ESM
  • Obsidian Weathers (needed for Lightweight Grass Overhaul)

I think that's it. They are all properly updated and overwrites are performed as instructed.

I tweaked BethINI to give me balanced visuals/performance.

I'm not saying that these mods together don't work; they do, and I have some FPS problems here and there, along with the aforementioned quicksave thing.

So my question is this:

Do I need all of these to keep my game look pretty & functional, or is there a mod among them which is unnecessary? I'm asking this because I had a lot of overwrites, mostly with SMIM and Noble Skyrim.

These are my laptop specifics:

• 16 GB RAM
  • Display Memory: 2048 MB
  • Shared memory: 8136 MB
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50 GHz
  • Render: NVIDIA GeForce 940MX

I'm aware of my system's limitations and I'm not seeking for something dazzling.

I would like, however, to have a bit more detailed textures everywhere and better vegetation.

Update for the initial list:

I have found that Lightweight Grass Overhaul creates problems mainly because it requires Obsidian Weathers so it could appear proper, and I'm really not a fan of weather mods. So I had to uninstall both.

I would like to have more grass. When I install standard SFO grass, FPS is hell and the grass somehow still appears patchy in places. If there's a solution/replacement which is performance friendly, I'm all for it.

I also uninstalled SFO Trees because having simply taller trees doesn't do much for me. I would like to see them look more defined and prettier, but I imagine the impact would be severe.

What I need as well is to improve the Minecraft texture on some outer buildings/ruins; this is the most noticeable in places where there's a bit of snow on them.

Unfortunately, Noble Skyrim doesn't cover this issue. It's still a beautiful texture compilation so I'm not giving it up, but I would love to have something compatible with it to cover this issue.

The same goes for ruins interior, like doors and puzzle pillars, which look smeared (vanilla). If something can work with SMIM and/or Noble Skyrim, I'll gladly have it.

I've spent hours and hours trying to find a proper combo of mods... It really defeats the purpose of actually playing the game. If anyone has enough experience with various textures, please help.