2 replies to this topic

xllKeineAhnunglx

xllKeineAhnunglx

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello,

first off, I am not an expert on this, so please excuse any dumb mistakes I may have made.
So, as for what happened, I installed "Animated Feathered Wings SE" (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11536) and "Real Flying SE" (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18347) as a prerequisite to "Animated Feathered Wings SE". First, I forgot to run FNIS and just loaded up my save and tested the mod (animations seemed to be working though). However, I noticed that the flying feature of "Real Flying SE" wouldn't work and I remembered that I forgot to run FNIS (which, in hindsight, shouldn't interfere with the feature itself I think?), so I closed the game and ran FNIS.

Here it starts to get a bit messy, I how you can follow. When running FNIS, I would get an error, stating that there were to many animations (even though I had the XXL mod installed), so I deleted the XXL mod and reinstalled it. After that it was fixed, however, after running FNIS again, I got the following warning (no other warnings or errors): >>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_FNISBase_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<< . Not really thinking to much about it, I loaded up my save again, and I'm not sure if this warning is actually the cause for it, but now ALL characters were locked in the T-Pose, no animations at all. Now, regarding this warning, I know it refers to something being a mod for Oldrim and not Skyrim SE, right? While I cannot say that I am 100% sure I have no Oldrim mod installed (just fairly certain since it worked before), I also cannot tell which one it is supposed to be. Does the "\character\bahaviors" part refer to FNIS Behaviors itself?

I appreciate every bit of help I can get. Thank you in advance!

fore

fore

behavior mudcrab

• Premium Member
  • 12,443 posts

Sometimes I really wonder how beginners manage to mess up an installation, but they are really creative in this respect. :)

You have mixed 2 FNIS versions. While you are running FNIS for SE, you are using at least one file from FNIS for Oldrim (the one from the warning).

xllKeineAhnunglx

xllKeineAhnunglx

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Well, you were, of course, absolutely right. After checking every FNIS file again, I noticed that I accidentally downloaded the Oldrim XXL file when I was reinstalling it. Thanks for the quick response!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fnis, fore, new, idles, tpose, animations, not working, wings, flying

Page loaded in: 1.114 seconds