Player Character's Face Randomly Changes

Seikatsu77

A while back I was experimenting with changing the faces of NPCs and I stumbled upon a mod (don't remember the name, sorry) that allowed you to do this by controlling the NPC and using showracemenu. It worked pretty well until both the NPCs' and my player character's faces started changing to one specific face (see image). At the time I was certain it was because of the mod and thought reloading a save from before I used the mod and uninstalling it would fix the issue. And it seemingly did.

The problem is that after I started playing on the save again, the issue appeared again. The fact that reverting to an old save did not fix the issue suggests to me that it messed up something in the files and that it could be solved without starting a new character. I've also noticed that the face appears when I select certain things in the race menu, for instance nose type #32-35 or so.

Any ideas what went wrong and if it could be resolved?

• 1 year later...

A while back I was experimenting with changing the faces of NPCs and I stumbled upon a mod (don't remember the name, sorry) that allowed you to do this by controlling the NPC and using showracemenu. It worked pretty well until both the NPCs' and my player character's faces started changing to one specific face (see image). At the time I was certain it was because of the mod and thought reloading a save from before I used the mod and uninstalling it would fix the issue. And it seemingly did.

The problem is that after I started playing on the save again, the issue appeared again. The fact that reverting to an old save did not fix the issue suggests to me that it messed up something in the files and that it could be solved without starting a new character. I've also noticed that the face appears when I select certain things in the race menu, for instance nose type #32-35 or so.

Any ideas what went wrong and if it could be resolved?

Hey, I'm having the same problem right now. Do you remember how did you fix it?