Sorting Mods Failed Rules Contain Cycles Skyrim SE

OldWolf63

I've never seen this before, and I couldn't find it here in the forum, so I'm hoping someone knows about this. I'd been having problems with CTD, so I decided to remove all mods and start over. Now, every time I download a mod through Vortex, when I click to install, I get an error box that says "Sorting Mods Failed Rules Contain Cycles." Other than that message, all the box contains is the Dismiss button. At the moment, I have 7 mods installed, and the last one cause that error box to pop up 7 times. I've tried closing and restarting Vortex, checked my load order using LOOT, and I'm still getting the error once for every mod installed. My question is, is this something I need to fix, and, if so, how? Or is it something I can safely ignore as being just another Vortex glitch? I should also mention that I am not by any means an expert with computers. Any advice or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Got all my mods installed and been playing, getting the usual random CTD, and I'm still getting multiple error messages every time I go into Vortex. Sorting Mods Failed Rules Contain Cycles. Any ideas of thoughts?

Got all my mods installed and been playing, getting the usual random CTD, and I'm still getting multiple error messages every time I go into Vortex. Sorting Mods Failed Rules Contain Cycles. Any ideas of thoughts?

Eliminate the cycles.

Eliminate the cycles.

I can't. When the message appears, all I have is the option to dismiss, and the messages vanish after a few seconds.

The exact message is the same as the title to this topic. Sorting Mods Failed Rules Contain Cycles. Other than that, the only thing in the box is the Dismiss button, and the messages vanish after a few seconds. Last time I started Vortex, I got the error 19 times.

• 3 weeks later...

A little late, and not sure if this has been answered elsewhere...But I also am getting the exact same error's as the screenshot above. Cant eliminate any errors because I have no option to?

After the message appears, can you still sort your mods by pressing the sort button? Also, can you still play your game? Do the cyclic rules adversely affect your game in any way?

Go to the "Dependencies" column on the game mods page and select "Conflict." (That allows you to see only the mods with overlapping files issues.) Are all the lightening bolts green?

If your answers to these questions are "yes," "yes," "no," and "yes," then it would appear that the warning is a false positive. In that case, it's possible that the warning is generated because of superfluous but non-conflicting rules rather than because of cycles, strictly speaking. For example, if you set a rule that Mod B load after Mod A, then there is no need to set a rule that Mod A load before Mod B. That rule would be superfluous.