63 replies to this topic

AmaccurzerO

AmaccurzerO

Outsider

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
Thank you all for your comments.

I will be updating this mod eventually to add voice to the monorail securitrons and to add other features. So, if you like the mod, track it.

Travel fast, safe and comfortable ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------
VERSION 1.02
I have modified the requirements to travel on the monorail to make the mod more consistent with the game. Now this is a VIP service. For more details, read the change log in the description of the mod.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VERSION 2.04

Fixed the flickering textures inside the monorial.

Edited by AmaccurzerO, 19 October 2020 - 05:02 AM.

AmaccurzerO

AmaccurzerO

Outsider

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
In response to post #66345846.

Spoiler

Hello, Zoura55

Thanks for your observation. I can make the securitron outside the Freeside collects you 2000 caps only the first time you travel to the strip. After that, all travels will cost the normal fee. I think 25 caps is too cheap for such a comfortable ride, so I will raise it a bit. :P

Edited by AmaccurzerO, 29 December 2018 - 02:53 AM.

theHatInTheCat

theHatInTheCat

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
You could make the stops a bit "fancier" and not just some stairs. But for the rest a really cool mod. Do you have plans on the alredy exiting monorail?

Btw, since I got a new account and I'm changing my load order the freeside its gonna feel so different now with all the things I'm gonna add, ty for that

Edited by theHatInTheCat, 29 December 2018 - 03:07 AM.

MrLexx2k

MrLexx2k

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
Not a fan of the new line, but I sure would love to see the actual vanilla monorail line in "working" condition simply for ambient reasons. Was actually working on something like this a couple years back, but gave up on it due to lack of time and motivation.

Edited by MrLexx2k, 29 December 2018 - 07:46 AM.

raymanray

raymanray

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
ACE. would be better without loading screens or if it worked like the strip north gate, where instead of fast travelling into the cell after talking to the securitron you need to open the monorail door, and walk down the stairs at the end.

Bridges85

Bridges85

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 631 posts
In response to post #66345846. #66354306 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

25 does seem pretty cheap. Love the monorail whether I ride on it or not, but I definitely got a sense of "None of the crime in half the time!" for crossing Freeside to the Strip proper. Bodyguards cost 100 caps and they just walk you in a straight line. I think House is definitely the sort of person to charge VIP services for VIp prices.

Old hand

• Account closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
In response to post #66345846. #66354306, #66481661 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Mr. House doesn't want just anyone coming onto the Strip, hence why you need 2000 caps, or a passport at the gate for the Securitrons to let you through. I think being able to pay 25 caps to take the monorail wouldn't make sense from a lore standpoint. It should, in my opinion have the same requirements as the gate onto the Strip.

AmaccurzerO

AmaccurzerO

Outsider

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
In response to post #66345846. #66354306, #66481661, #66483321 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

I have modified the requirements to travel on the monorail to make the mod more consistent with the game. Now this is a VIP service. For more details, read the change log in the description of the mod.

Brendan62

Brendan62

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts
I Love this but the track through Freeside needs to be moved its in the middle of what was the road i moved it across to the centre looks much better now

AmaccurzerO

AmaccurzerO

Outsider

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
In response to post #66494661.

Spoiler

Hello. Brendan62.

The track is in the right spot to match the position of the tracks in the Freeside north and the Strip. Roads are no longer used for that they were supposed to be used. So, is not so relevant if track are in the middle of the road. The idea was they didnt block the current access throught the gates of Freeside and the Strip.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.924 seconds