Vortex not finding Skyrim SE

Phyonix
Go to solution Solved by Phyonix,

Happy New Year to All

Vortex doesn't seem to think I have Skyrim SE on my PC, it's not showing up in Managed, Discovered or Supported.

It's not been hidden, and the game files are all in the same drive as my other games (which Vortex can find)

I'm using the most recent version of Vortex.

I've looked everywhere but I can't find a solution.

I would be grateful for any help.

Thank you

Could you click this button to show hidden games and see if it appears:

wzUsCuo.jpg

If that doesn't work, turn on Advanced Mode in Vortex settings and under "Extensions" (above downloads and profiles) look for an entry called "Game - Skyrim Special Edition" and ensure it's enabled.

It's not really possible for that to be missing, but if it is, the final suggestion I have is to reinstall the latest version of Vortex.

I'm having this issue as well. I did all above proposed solutions to no avail. When I go under extensions it shows up and allows me to enable and disable it, but when I try to find it in the actual list it doesn't show up. I've also tried forcing it to find the path and had no luck there either. It's in the same folder my other games are in, same as Phyonix, which are being found with no problem.

Update: I extracted the files from my main folder, replaced them, and somehow that managed to bring it up. Don't know why it did that but that seemed to work for me after resetting?

Edited by Guest

• Solution

If that doesn't work, turn on Advanced Mode in Vortex settings and under "Extensions" (above downloads and profiles) look for an entry called "Game - Skyrim Special Edition" and ensure it's enabled.Â

Ah thank you, that fixed it, no idea why it was disabled

• 2 years later...

I'm having a problem with Vortex not finding the SE file (It finds the Special Edition game but whenever I try to install a mod it only installs for Vanilla Skyrim because I'm missing SkyrimSE.exe apparently). I do have the special edition however (Completed Dawnguard, Dragonborn etc).

I'm having a problem with Vortex not finding the SE file (It finds the Special Edition game but whenever I try to install a mod it only installs for Vanilla Skyrim because I'm missing SkyrimSE.exe apparently). I do have the special edition however (Completed Dawnguard, Dragonborn etc).

If the mod is only installing for Vanilla Skyrim, then you're downloading mods for Skyrim Legendary Edition and not Skyrim Special Edition