Mods Will Not Load

grooplefixx

I have really not used Mods before. so I have been reading up and still cant get the to come up I have used DOA Modmanager to try and install them. It installs on the manager, but when I go into the game there is no change I don't know what I am doing wrong and was wondering if someone can help me out.... thanks

Edited by grooplefixx

Ho-Kay...

First, I need a link to the specific "armor mod" you're talking about, (those are usually trivially easy to install, so not sure what's going on with the one you're using) and I need to know whether you're trying to install the "Natural Bodies" mod, or "Natural Bodies all-in-one", (those two have very different instructions.)

• 2 weeks later...

For the most part I got most of the mods to work. The one I'm really having trouble to get to work is the player house one https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/1347 and the Wardens Estate one at https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/552 It says to open the DAZIP, but when I download it, it is a WinZip file and I don't know how to open it or change it to install it

@grooplefixx; Ho-kay...

Presuming that you're talking about "player house DAZIP V2" (and not one of the other files associated with that mod page) then your problem is obvious:

Your browser (I'm betting it's Chrome, but could be IE...) is "helpfully" changing the file extension of the download from ".dazip" to ".zip" because it thinks it recognizes the file type. It's wrong.

You should simply change the filename back to ".dazip" and then follow the usual installation process for that type of mod. Which means you don't "open" it. You use the built-in "DAUpdater" utility program, or you use your preferred DAO mod manager program, DAM or DAMM. (I use DAMM myself.)