Can Someone Help Me?

Chosen215

I am so new to modding that I barely know where to begin. I have downloaded the DAO Modmanager, and that parts makes sense, but I also downloaded the CharGenMorph compiler, but I have no idea how to set that thing up correctly.

The description page talks about setting up my pathing, but I don't know how to do that, nor do I know what a Override folder is... help would be very much appreciated.

Edit: Oh yea, also I would appreciate it if someone could give me some basic set up instruction about where I place DAMM... if that makes sense? Another edit, what do I do when a mod says to place a mod under a file pathing that doesn't exist?

For example:

A mod says to place it in my: My Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age/Packages/Core/Override... but I don't have those files? I only have "settings" underneath Dragon Age. Also, what do I do with the DAMM files dazip and override? This all looks so foreign. Thank you to whomever helps me.

Edited by Chosen215

Run the game at least once; that will create the 'missing' folders. (You could also manually create the folders, but IMO there's little point in modding a game that one hasn't confirmed actually runs properly. :ermm: )

And I've just posted some info on installing DAO-ModManager to another, similar query, here.

The DAzip and .override archives should be placed in the storage folders described in that post.

Similarly, the ChargenMorphCompiler can be installed to any folder outside of the 'official' Bioware folders (and preferably not in the C: Programs folder).

Edited by theskymoves

Okay, thank you. I figured out the whole DAUpdater and DAMM thing. But, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use the compiler. I have it have and functioning, to a degree, but when I click the actual scan function I wait and wait but nothing happens. I am certain that my pathing is correct because people say to have find the override directory in my document which it did. So, I am puzzled. Thank you for the help thus far.

Okay, thank you. I figured out the whole DAUpdater and DAMM thing. But, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use the compiler. I have it have and functioning, to a degree, but when I click the actual scan function I wait and wait but nothing happens. I am certain that my pathing is correct because people say to have find the override directory in my document which it did. So, I am puzzled. Thank you for the help thus far.

All I can offer re the chargen compiler is to double-check that the path config is correct.... it should be pointed to the override folder in Documents, not one in the directory for the game files (i.e., [user]\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override, and NOT something like \Program Files\Origin Games\Dragon Age\packages\core\override).

If it is set up correctly (as you indicate) and still not working, you may have a permissions or folder/file access issue, such as the compiler needing to run as an Administrator or the mod files/folders being set as ReadOnly.

Try this: Open the compiler, and hit the 'Generate default DAO chargenmorphcfg.xml' button. Save it somewhere convenient, like the desktop. Close the compiler.

Now take that known-good, unmodded chargenmorphcfg.xml file and place it in the Documents override folder.

Run the compiler again and scan for XMLs. If the compiler does not find that known-good xml, then something is amiss.

Edited by theskymoves