Skyrim LE Modded has CTD problems

DasZeev

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone can help me out with issues related to CTD problems. I thought I was careful in testing out which mods work for Skyrim before I started to seriously play the game, but every time I attempt to play the game, it will crash after 1.5hrs of game play. Here are the mods I have installed:

00) Skyrim.esm

01) Update.esm

02) Dawnguard.esm

03) HearthFires.esm

04) Dragonborn.esm

05) Lanterns of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm

06) Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp

07) Falskaar.esm

08) BSAssets.esm

09) BSHeartland.esm

0A) BS_DLC_patch.esp

0B) Campfire.esm

0C) Cutting Room Floor.esp

0D) SkyUI.esp

0E) SkyrimConfigMenu.esp

0F) EnhancedLightsandFX.esp

10) ELFX - Exteriors.esp

11) Perk Points at Skill Levels 50-75-100.esp

12) Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp

13) WetandCold.esp

14) AOS.esp

15) dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

16) dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp

17) AOS2_EBT Patch.esp

18) CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp

19) JKs Skyrim.esp

1A) 3DNPC.esp

1B) Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp

1C) Summermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim.esp

1D) Immersive Jewelry.esp

1E) Undeath.esp

1F) Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp

20) Immersive Weapons.esp

21) Sacrosanct - Vampires of Skyrim.esp

22) Unique Uniques.esp

23) AOS2_Unique Uniques Patch.esp

24) CWIELnFXPATCH.esp

25) Inconsequential NPCs.esp

26) Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp

27) SMIM-Merged-All.esp

28) Hunterborn.esp

29) Immersive Patrols II.esp

2A) Frostfall.esp

2B) Religion.esp

2C) Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp

2D) CaranthirTowerReborn.esp

2E) UltimateCombat.esp

2F) SFO - Dragonborn.esp

30) BSHeartland - Meshes.esp

31) BSHeartland - Textures.esp

32) ELFX - NoPlayerHomes.esp

33) Lanterns of Skrim - All In One - RLO.esp

34) AOS2_WetandCold Patch.esp

35) KS Dragon Overhaul 2.esp

36) RDO - Cutting Room Floor Patch.esp

37) ForgottenCity.esp

38) Inconsequential NPCs - CRF Compatibility Patch.esp

39) Inconsequential NPCs - Enhancement.esp

3A) DSerArcheryGameplayOverhaul.esp

3B) FNIS.esp

3C) DeadlyMutilation.esp

3D) Imperious - Races of Skyrim.esp

3E) Moonlight Tales Special Edition.esp

3F) XPMSE.esp

40) Dual Sheath Redux.esp

41) SolitudeTempleFrescoes.esp

42) SolitudeTempleFrescoesExpanded.esp

43) Religion - Campfire Background Patch.esp

44) Religion - CCOR Amulets.esp

45) Immersive NPC in the dark.esp

46) Vivid Weathers.esp

47) WetandCold - Ashes.esp

48) Vivid Weathers - AOS patch.esp

49) Vivid Weathers - Bruma.esp

4A) Vivid Weathers - Falskaar.esp

4B) Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp

4C) CWIOrdinatorPatch.esp

4D) ELFX - Hardcore.esp

4E) Bashed Patch, 0.esp

4F) Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp

Any critiques that can help me from having CTD issues would be appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT:

Regarding specs of my laptop,

2015 Lenovo W541 ThinkPad

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
System Manufacturer LENOVO
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU LENOVO_MT_20EF
Processor Intel® Core i7-4910MQ CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2893 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date LENOVO GNET78WW (2.26 ), 1/26/2016
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Edited by DasZeev

As far as I know there is no 4gb patch for Skyrim as the engine supports 4gig natively. The OPs problem is much more likely to be a mod conflict although if the game plays consistently for about an hour and a half before crashing it could be a memory problem. I would also check for missing patches, I am pretty certain Immersive Weapons has a USLEEP patch which I do not see. Also I would not use ELFX exteriors with any weather mod, that has a tendency to cause problems.

There are quite a few scripted mods there so it might help to give your computer specs so someone more knowledgeable than I could advise you on the memory aspect. With a heavily scripted mod load it has been suggested, by the Sands of Time team who ought to know, that it is advisable to only play for a couple of hours at a time. I usually play for about two hours then exit and restart my computer and play again.

As far as I know there is no 4gb patch for Skyrim as the engine supports 4gig natively. The OPs problem is much more likely to be a mod conflict although if the game plays consistently for about an hour and a half before crashing it could be a memory problem. I would also check for missing patches, I am pretty certain Immersive Weapons has a USLEEP patch which I do not see. Also I would not use ELFX exteriors with any weather mod, that has a tendency to cause problems.

There are quite a few scripted mods there so it might help to give your computer specs so someone more knowledgeable than I could advise you on the memory aspect. With a heavily scripted mod load it has been suggested, by the Sands of Time team who ought to know, that it is advisable to only play for a couple of hours at a time. I usually play for about two hours then exit and restart my computer and play again.

I have updated the OP to include my specs, which are:

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-4910MQ CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2893 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Thank you for the feed back. For ELFX, I only use it for lighting interior spaces. I'll go back and see if there was an issue with missing any patches with Immersive Weapons.

I should also point out that I have SKSE and SSME installed.

Edited by DasZeev

My guess is your graphics are being produced by the CPU? If so you are on borrowed time my friend and your laptop is either 1. overheating or 2 running out of GPU memory or in your case CPU power. Here is what you can do to find out. Download

Skyrim Performance Monitor. Run it....check to see what's hitting 100%. One one hand you have the CPU trying to crank out all the scripts of the game to include your mods and on the other hand you have the CPU trying to crank out all the graphics...something's gotta give.

is enboost enabled and enbhost.exe loaded while running tesv.exe ?

if not you should fix this first, because even if a modded olrim recognizes the 4GB (the real 32bit limit is about 3,3 GB) that's not enough to run it stable for a longer period. you may check that if you run a taskmanager while gaming. if you do not use enboost and your tesv.exe reaches about 3,2GB size (depends on the other running 32 tasks) it will surely freeze/ctd.

Tejano's post is probably your best answer. I do not believe your machine is capable of running the game with the mods you have installed for an extended period of time.

Seems to me your choices are are to either resign yourself to only play for an hour or so and then exit out and shut your machine down for a while; although this would probably only be a temporary solution because, as has been said, you would probably be running on borrowed time. Or save up and purchase a machine with better specs. A Thinkpad is not really capable of playing most modern games, even seven year old ones.

I have updated the OP to include my specs, which are:

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-4910MQ CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2893 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Thank you for the feed back. For ELFX, I only use it for lighting interior spaces. I'll go back and see if there was an issue with missing any patches with Immersive Weapons.

I should also point out that I have SKSE and SSME installed.

is enboost enabled and enbhost.exe loaded while running tesv.exe ?

if not you should fix this first, because even if a modded olrim recognizes the 4GB (the real 32bit limit is about 3,3 GB) that's not enough to run it stable for a longer period. you may check that if you run a taskmanager while gaming. if you do not use enboost and your tesv.exe reaches about 3,2GB size (depends on the other running 32 tasks) it will surely freeze/ctd.

My guess is your graphics are being produced by the CPU? If so you are on borrowed time my friend and your laptop is either 1. overheating or 2 running out of GPU memory or in your case CPU power. Here is what you can do to find out. Download

Skyrim Performance Monitor. Run it....check to see what's hitting 100%. One one hand you have the CPU trying to crank out all the scripts of the game to include your mods and on the other hand you have the CPU trying to crank out all the graphics...something's gotta give.

I'm somewhat new to modding skyrim, so would you mind pointing out what mods you would consider as script heavy? I don't mind getting rid of things like Hunterborn and perhaps Religion, but I'm not sure which mods would labeled as relying heavily on scripts. Thanks

Just by glancing at your mods list I can tell you...

you have one of the most heaviest scripting mod and that's

frostfall

then you have 3dnpc and immersive patrols which all have scripts. You can

go into each file and see if the mod has a script folder I would say 1/4 of your mods do maybe more.

Scripting takes a lot of CPU power

download "convenient horses" off Nexus and go to it's menu options in convenient horses there is a scripting monitoring tool..run it and tell us what you get. It will give you a readout in Mseconds.