[LE] Neck seam issue!

So I am almost done making my follower mod but for some strange reason the character has a neck seam that does not go away. In the CK it looks normal but in game it is clearly noticeable. What can I do to fix this? I made a similar mod a while ago for practice and I used the same textures without any issues but now the neck seam appears and I can't find a fix. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I use: CK

NifMerge

NifSkope

Mudbox for tattoos

Hello!

Was this follower's head created in RaceMenu or ECE?

In some cases if not all, neck seems -- a difference in color between the head and the body -- can be caused by your character's skin tone RGB values that were set in the CK are not matching the skin tone RGB values you set in RM or ECE. They have to match. I would double check those if that's the case. :)

Hello!

In some cases if not all, neck seems -- a difference in color between the head and the body -- can be caused by your character's skin tone RGB values that were set in the CK are not matching the skin tone RGB values you set in RM or ECE. They have to match. I would double check those if that's the case. :smile:

Thank you for your response, I can't believe I did not think of that. Yes I made the head in RaceMenu

Hello!

In some cases if not all, neck seems -- a difference in color between the head and the body -- can be caused by your character's skin tone RGB values that were set in the CK are not matching the skin tone RGB values you set in RM or ECE. They have to match. I would double check those if that's the case. :smile:

I made the follower's face in RaceMenu then exported it at the sculpting tab. I did not save the preset in the preset tab so how can I see the Skin tone values?

Did you happen to save the game with your player character when you finished? If so you can load it up, open the console and type in showracemenu. From there you can get the information...and save your preset :smile:

Edited by justinglen75

Everytime I create an standalone I create a NPC file. You can do this after you've exported your head by going into the console and typing the following command --> spf whatever

This command creates a .NPC file in the root Skyrim folder (the same place the Skyrim.exe and CreationKit.exe exist). The filename will be whatever.npc. This file stores your skin tone info as well as your body weight plus other stuff you set. You need to then open the CK, open your actor and go to the Character Gen Parts tab and click on Import button. Select your whatever.NPC file and that should always prevent seem and/or gap issues. :)

A YT video on NPC files, but I'm sure there's a better one out there. GL!

I fixed it!! Apparently my weight was not the same in CK than it was in the RaceMenu. As soon as the values matched the neck seam was gone. Thank you for the help though buddy I appreciate it

Awesome! Glad you got it fixed!

Yep, the weight has to match as well -- if they don't you will get a see-through "gap" at the neck.