[LE] Custom NPC's Not Locking Doors At Night. Wit's End!

jucoking

These are custom interiors I have created as well. What happens when I load the game is that the door is locked all the time even when NPC is awake inside/patrolling. Close to just throwing in the towel and leaving the doors unlocked.

Here is what I have done so far:

1) Owner has a FACTION which is a vendor on a set schedule. (faction set to owner of door)

2) Owner has custom key to door. (key set to "required" to open door)

3) Owner has an AI package for patrol (can lock doors enabled/disabled...tried both but with same results) and separate one for sleep. They do not interfere with each other.

4) Did NOT create locklist because I have tried to do that before and it made no difference. I have done the exact same process for other NPC houses and they work. HELP!

• 3 months later...

There is no Unlock on Arrival in the patrol package so do you mean a sandbox package with Unlock on Arrival set to true. I don't think you can make a patrol package unlock doors.

You don't need a locklist if the NPC's have a custom key as long as the owner faction is set and its the same as the owner of the door.

If you have changed the package of that NPC the older ones may be 'remembered' and you may have to delete these packages in TesVEdit. ie They won't show in the CK but will in TesVEdit.

If you have done everything right there is possibility the NPC is just not keeping to time ie opens at 11 not 9 or it is just not working. I have a worldspace where some 600 NPC have Unlock on Arrival passages and a very small proportion either just will not do it or open the door late. It is annoying but you just have to get round it.

There is no Unlock on Arrival in the patrol package so do you mean a sandbox package with Unlock on Arrival set to true. I don't think you can make a patrol package unlock doors.

You don't need a locklist if the NPC's have a custom key as long as the owner faction is set and its the same as the owner of the door.

If you have changed the package of that NPC the older ones may be 'remembered' and you may have to delete these packages in TesVEdit. ie They won't show in the CK but will in TesVEdit.

If you have done everything right there is possibility the NPC is just not keeping to time ie opens at 11 not 9 or it is just not working. I have a worldspace where some 600 NPC have Unlock on Arrival passages and a very small proportion either just will not do it or open the door late. It is annoying but you just have to get round it.

Thanks so much for your input. I have decided to keep all doors unlocked at all times because there are merchant NPC's needed in order to progress through the mod. If someone has to wait all night before they can progress or access merchants, understandably there would be complaining because the "wait" function has been disabled. Especially since the ending of the mod is time-sensitive.

The only consequence is that the unlocking/locking of doors means the player is allowed in and won't get shouted and at for that period. To avoid this you must set the cell to be public then the player is always allowed in without consequence if the door are unlocked.