Game Crashes While Loading

janice53

I play Skyrim SE btw. After spending hours downloading mods from a mod guide, I went from over 100 mods to more than 280. The only problem is, I can't load any of my saves or start a new game. The game just crashes during while loading. Sometimes it crashes after a second, sometimes after 30 seconds. I've tried disabling every plugin that was new, either one by one or in small groups and even tried some other small solutions, but can't figure out the problem. Any advice helps. Attached is my plugins.txt file.

you went from 100 mods to 280, not surprised you cant load an old save. You need to focus on a new game. Do you have SSEedit installed? i would try going into games with as close to no mods as possible, try to make sure base is solid.

I can't start a new game either. Yes, I have SSEedit and have run it a couple times but I don't know what it's supposed to do. The vast majority of mods I installed are graphics mods.

ssedit would have possibly tipped you off, if you can load all mods in ssedit then that just rules out some possible problems. I'm not an se'er though its a relative. Can you start a new game with no mods? IDK what all you have done on ur end but i know sometimes the data folder goes astray. I would go into game with no mods, and check. you might have to verify integrity of game files through steam, that's if you think your data folder was compromised. do you have enb installed and skse installed?