Point my dumb ass to a tutorial please? I want to start modding as well.

lastcontract

I'm looking all over the pace for a simple tutorial of how to get started modding Fallout 76 and I come across some things in FO4 but still it seems so outdated that I keep shying away and searching for something else. Using SWF files for example? Is that really the approach Bethesda took for allowing mods? Seems strange to jump on that bandwagon but w/e.

If someone wouldn't mind pointing me to a simple hello world tutorial and some references I should become familiar with that would be great. One mod I really want to write is a complete item database tool that (tries) to read the items you acquire in game, how they were acquired, where on the map your character is when picked up, and any other meta data I can collect. It's advanced - from reading incoming text, inspection windows, quest results, and then sending that either to a local log file to share and upload later or in real-time with a 3rd party server.

Even a Git repository of some mod for FO76 would work - not sure why the community doesn't work together to build these mods in the open.

Thanks for your help and references.