New 4K Monitor 2: The Dual Monitor Setup

Oh, fewww. That's a relief. I bought it yesterday and I was worried there for second that I bought the wrong one. Glad to see I got a good deal, too.

Also, can anyone advise me on how to update the firmware on my monitors? I'm experiencing some annoying input lag and I believe this to be the cause.

That's going to be manufacturer specific. (I didn't even know that was a thing......) Just do a search on "monitor model number" firmware update, should return useful results.

Also, can anyone advise me on how to update the firmware on my monitors? I'm experiencing some annoying input lag and I believe this to be the cause.

That's going to be manufacturer specific. (I didn't even know that was a thing......) Just do a search on "monitor model number" firmware update, should return useful results.

Nevermind. I looked up the support page on Asus' website and nothing came up, save for this utility called 'Asus Multiframe'. No clue what that is.

Oh well, it looks there has to be another solution to my annoying input lag problem.

P.S. I only became aware of monitor drivers not long ago and I found the idea to be strange as well.

Nevermind. I looked up the support page on Asus' website and nothing came up, save for this utility called 'Asus Multiframe'. No clue what that is.

Oh well, it looks there has to be another solution to my annoying input lag problem.

P.S. I only became aware of monitor drivers not long ago and I found the idea to be strange as well.

There is a difference between drivers, and firmware. The manufacturers site should have drivers for your monitor. Otherwise, windows just uses its generic flavor. (which tend to be several years old.....) Firmware gets flashed to the hardware itself, and is basically the "O/S" for the hardware. Without drivers, windows fill figure it out, without firmware, the hardware simply won't work. :D

There is a difference between drivers, and firmware. The manufacturers site should have drivers for your monitor. Otherwise, windows just uses its generic flavor. (which tend to be several years old.....) Firmware gets flashed to the hardware itself, and is basically the "O/S" for the hardware. Without drivers, windows fill figure it out, without firmware, the hardware simply won't work. :D

Oh, right. Live and learn, I guess.

Plug both into the video card. Your Nvidia software can do nothing with the onboard video.

Quick emergency update: the adapter came today. I used it on my Asus monitor plug and it worked, but the 4K resolution option in Windows disappeared so I unplugged it to try another port. Now it doesn't work. Nothing appears to be broken or damaged. Help!!!!

Yeah, I think I broke my adapter when trying to unplug it :sad:. It doesn't work, regardless of the port I plug it into.

EDIT: However, that one time when it worked, the maximum resolution was 1080p on my 4K monitor. I wonder why that was and how to fix it.

Edited by RobinHood2005

Yeah, I think I broke my adapter when trying to unplug it :sad:. It doesn't work, regardless of the port I plug it into.

EDIT: However, that one time when it worked, the maximum resolution was 1080p on my 4K monitor. I wonder why that was and how to fix it.

Did you get the drivers installed for it? Sometimes, windows 'prug and pray' system mis-identifies hardware.

Did you get the drivers installed for it? Sometimes, windows 'prug and pray' system mis-identifies hardware.

What drivers?