Heart of Hearts

BaldurAnthology

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cecilia walked through the streets of Ceunon, taking in the damages that war had done to this town. Just a short while ago, possibly less than a year, Cecilia guessed, the people of Ceunon had begun cutting down some of the oldest trees in Du Weldenvarden, much to her distaste and the distaste of the rest of the elves. They had made them pay in blood... A shudder ran down her spine as she remembered how fevered and excited she'd been back then. What a rush it had been... But that time was over. A new chapter had begun, and it confused Cecilia when she wondered where it would lead to.

A group of human children gawked at her, and she smiled at them warmly, revealing her sharply pointed teeth. They all let out gasps of awe and pointed at her ears. She gladly leaned down and let them touch them, and they all giggled at how soft the fur was. She then excused herself and stepped into the nearest shop. She liked children, but hated when a crowd gathered around her, and that was exactly what the children were doing. Wary adults all had stared and put hands on their weapons, most likely fearing she would take them.

Cecilia smiled at the shopkeeper and placed the first two fingers of her hand to her lips. "I am looking for interesting items, and I hear you have quite a few."

The scholar glanced up to see an elf woman looking at him. She was unlike anything he had seen before...a welcome addition to his own shop of oddities. He smiled at her, wild gray hair standing on end, his multicolored robes swishing as he gestured wide, "That I do, that I do! Please, feel free to look around, friend elf!"

He continued watching her with a pale blue gaze, positively fascinated...

Rafikki the old shaman gleefully pocketed the large purple stone he had conned from some shmuck. He started walking down the road, his staff hung with feathers and small skulls and all sorts of things that were part of the mystic look. He traveled for several days, then found a shop. He entered, nodding at the elf woman. Walking to the shopkeeper he says "Now, Rafikki got a real treat for you today. Him got this large pretty stone. You want it? 10 gold coins, and it be yours. Or perhaps you, pretty elf lady, maybe you want dis stone, hmm? Old Rafikki got a ting for elves, so maybe you get it for a cheaper price, hmm? 6 gold coins, and it's all yours. Whatcha say, pretty elf?"

Byron Thunderbeard wandered around his tower of many gizmos. He pulled one or two levers, and a sunroof he installed opened up. His sun roof was two metal doors on a winch and pulley system. He pulled a lever, and the ropes pulled the door open. He inhaled deeply, enjoying the air and light. He never truly appreciated how much all this felt before he died in Faerun. Fortunately he had been restored to his body, but made to leave to keep balance. He smiled at a lady who came in, and grabbed onto a rope, which by a counterweight system lowered him down to behind his counter. Locking the mechanism he smiles. "Hello there, miss! How can ah help ya?"

The lady says, "I heard you do potions and the like, will I need a potion to relieve the pain in my hip. It hurts something awful at nights."

Byron retrieved a small vial of a reddish potion. "Here ye are, lass. Nae charge this time, ye paid double last time ye were in. Good day to ye, missus."

She smiles, and walks out with the vial.

She trembled.

They were here. Her Rider was here! Now!

Out...out...outoutoutoutoutoutout...OUT! Want out! NEED OUT!

The violet egg began to shudder and rock violently, growing hotter and hotter...

The egg began to rock back and forth in her hands, and Cecilia looked around the room with an expression of shock, "It can't be... me? Me, a rider? I... This is..." She was rendered speechless as the baby dragon inside got more and more violent with its efforts to hatch. Edited by tokyobleach

Out...out...out...

This wasn't working.

With an astounding strength, the violet egg jumped out of the elf's hands and onto the floor. It shattered with incredible force on impact, and there, in the midst of broken eggshell and gooey liquid, the violet baby dragon looked up her elf with sparkling white eyes. She cocked her head at the elf, studying her momentarily, before immediately beginning to preen the little flaps that would become her wings.

Slightly startled by the sudden loud shattering sound in a shop nearby, the fiery-haired Savantra turned to face the outside of an old shop she had just passed. Interested in what was behind the thick slightly dusty windows, she crouched down and peered inside through the glass, unsure what was in front of an elf who appeared to be in a state of shock. Something purplish appeared to be writhing in front of her.

What's going on in there...?

Her intuition tingled. If this was some sort of monstrosity, wouldn't the city authority pay her well if this little event was tipped off to them...

Edited by Sherentine

Rafiki looked in astonishment at the stone, and saw the stone smash on the floor, revealing it was a dragon egg. "Dat's a dragon egg, and you are Shur'tugal! Argetlam! You gotta touch it! Touch de dragon, bond with it! And I recommend you stay wit de dwarf nearby. He owns a combination of Potion shop, alchemy lab, Blacksmith and Tavern in an old tower and sunken city down da road, I was headed there myself. You follow old Rafiki, he knows de way! Come on!"

Byron goes to his alchemy equipment, and starts brewing some more of the healing infusions. He could never keep it on the shelves.