Heavy Traffic ×

Heart of Hearts

BaldurAnthology

Cecilia's hands flew to her lips. This dragon was a gorgeous purple color, as rich and deep as an eggplant. The color was deepest on its back, and lightest on its belly and throat. Little buds that would soon become sharp, deadly spikes lined the dragon's spine and the top of its head.

The strange man told her that she had to touch the hatchling... Of course. It was something she'd been taught when she was a girl and the egg of Saphira was presented to her in the hopes that it would hatch. There was a twitch, back then, but no more. It seemed it wasn't for nothing. Gingerly, she reached out her left hand and patted the dragon on its snout... And the world around her went black, a searing pain coursing through her veins.

Edited by tokyobleach

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Savantra saw a bright flash of light. Seeing spots, she quickly rubbed her eyes and refocused on the events inside. Her jaw dropped.

Oh... Well then this changes things...

She straightened up, quickly looked around her general area to see if anyone was watching her, then put her hand on the door handle, quickly brushing herself of any dirt before walking in. At the sight of the small dragon and the collapsed elf, she put on a look of surprise. "Oh! Oh my, is.. is she alright? And is that a.. a dragon..?"

Upon contact with the elf, the little violet dragon shuddered from the tip of her tiny snout to the end of her tail. She attempted to make mental contact, but the elf blacked out. At that moment, another woman entered the shop, whereupon the dragonling jumped on top of the elf's chest, hissing like a cat, her white eyes bright.

Cecilia sat up, rubbing her head. Her hand was on fire... She knew there was a silver mark there, and she resisted the urge to look at it. Her red eyes flicked to the woman in the doorway, and she wrapped an arm protectively around the dragon. Her lips curled up in a snarl, and she bared her pointed teeth.

The dragon opened her mind to the elf, now that she was conscious again, turning around on her lap and blinking at her.

I am Koralina.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Slightly put off by her lack of success with her choice in wording, she frowned slightly, ignoring the old man. She looked back at the violet dragon, feeling genuinely unnerved at the powerful creature's previous hostility, regardless of whether it was a hatchling or not. Savantra was no fool. She watched with interest as the elf came to, and wondered if they were communicating with their minds, as the stories go. She waited for a development to pounce on.

"Right, I suggest we get you to de dwarf. I have sometin for him anyway, so I would rather get to de inn before dark." He walks past the newcomer lady, leaning on his stick, and tosses the crowns to the shopkeep. "Dat will pay for cleanin up de mess. Come on elf lady! I don't wanna stand around here, I wanna get a drink."