Familiar Faces port for SSE

Lagnos69

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^This. I guess what I'm saying is: can we go back to the question posed in the opening post? If the original author of the mod doesn't want to make it happen, can someone else do it in their stead? It seems more productive than just sitting around waiting for something that might never come.

The original author is still working on the mod. For reasons I don't understand, he's working on an updated version of the mod, but real life keeps getting in his way. As far as I can tell, the reason the SSE version of the mod was made was because he wanted to make a better one. I got the feeling that he's not particularly good at accepting help, There are people who want to convert Familiar Faces to SSE. but can't because he hasn't given them explicit permission. Familiar Faces is the best mod I've ever downloaded. And I'm not sure I'll ever get to play it again.

I understand that he's not big on letting others touch it, but if he wants to see his mod flourish in a new version of Skyrim, he should at least let them try, and take the load off of himself... I mean, he can put Caveats to it, like "Make sure you give me the final say-so and credit for the mod" and BOOM.... He's still the Original Author, and no one can take credit for it... That's a popular mod, and we've all seen him, his works, and know HE did the mod.... Just, Accept help, dude!!! I'll even go so far as to tell him this on Reddit....

• 1 month later...

God I long for this mod.

I intend to upgrade my PC this year after I come into money, and I want Familiar Faces so bad for SSE. Every new mod is coming out for Special Edition. Beyond Skyrim, Skyblivion, Skywind...

It'd feel really empty if I had to play without a custom follower.

Of course, I could learn how to make my own custom follower. And I probably should. Honestly if this takes too much longer I might just learn how.

But Verterion makes it really easy with Familiar Faces. And that's why, even if I do end up making my own follower, I'd love for Familiar Faces to come back. He's doing an incredible service for the Skyrim Community by making things like custom followers so much more accessible.

I've seen what he's said about what's going on in his life and I hope for the best for him. I'd really like for him to take care of himself first and foremost. But I will not deny that I hope he comes back to this mod, or at least hands the reigns over to someone he knows he can trust with it. He's done an incredible thing with it and it'd be kind of sad to see it disappear.

Edited by madmanransom

• 1 month later...