Why i hate Miraak

skyrimfanboy39

Hey guys, now first of all i just want to say that Miraak is cool and all but theres one thing i really hate about him, his ability to kill dragons and restore health, he's such a pain to fight on expert i mean i get really excited when i'm about to kill him and then he just teleports away kills a dragon and restores all of his health... thankfully after 5 tries i've somehow managed to kill him and his sword kinda sucks ya'know.. but i really like his outfit thats good at least, i dont mean to offend anybody by this i know some people really like Miraak thats cool and all, no hate meant. Now im struggling with getting dragon armour lol,

That fight alone is why a lot of people hate/hated him. It is/was the most buggiest fight in TES history. Bethesda tried to be clever with that fight using that "kill dragon, give me health" mechanic, but they didn't account for folks being strong enough to 1-shot him in one go, which notoriously broke the fight before it was patched... a lot of times.

Edited by Rasikko

That fight alone is why a lot of people hate/hated him. It is/was the most buggiest fight in TES history. Bethesda tried to be clever with that fight using that "kill dragon, give me health" mechanic, but they didn't account for folks being strong enough to 1-shot him in one go, which notoriously broke the fight before it was patched... a lot of times.

Yea, i agree with you. And you are correct still to this day the fight is awful.

Gimmicky scripted mechanics rarely work out as well as the devs think they will.

Over time I have found I am pretty much done with Dragonborn on the first scripted port to Apocrypha. It is just not fun.

I am familiar enough with the game to avoid triggering the Miraak quest until the very end of a save game, since I lose motivation to continue.

My standard is to have 100 dragon souls before I set foot on the island, except for sneaking a few radiants that may pop up. The quest is so late game that the rewards for it are really a joke.

The sole reason Dragonborn is not uninstalled is that I have many mods dependent on the DLC that are worth more to my gameplay than the Miraak content is.

Edited by TeofaTsavo