4GB Patch installed but still get low memory error ?!

HyperGenz

4GB Patch installed but still get low memory error....

I have 167 mods, NVAC, NVSR, 4GB patch properly installed so don't ask, no ENB, One Tweak, YUP mod, Mission Mojave patch...

I also set these within Fallout.ini, FalloutPrefs.ini, Falloutdefault.ini with this command bSelectivePurgeUnusedOnFastTravel=1 bPreemptivelyUnloadCells=1, Which helped for a while then started again with low on memory... The values are still set and they did not reset...

1. I also tried many settings with virtual memory under system settings and same result,

2. Tried setting the game to run as XP SP3 and admin and same result,

3. Tried settings these under all three ini files but same result, even tried setting HW thread to #2 still same, bUseThreadedAI=1 iNumHWThreads=4

4. Tried disabling that option under Group policy's still same result

Am always at 60 frames, I never stutter, micro stutter or Crash, but when i do its because of that error "Low on memory"

All four cores are not parked, I do not have any large background task running, No AV scans in background either, only thing that's open is discord... Fallout new Vegas is the only app that has this issue

I have Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit...

There is just one mod that could be the problem....

I have IWS interior and exterior spawns. Means more enemy's will spawn in every location, indoors and out, even triggered points as well... I have all the IWS settings maxed out for best experience..

My PC specs are this

AMD FX-4300 4 Cores 3.8Ghz

AMD RX-550 4GB Vram

8GB DDr3 1600Mhz

3 TB drives at 7500rpm

1 SSD

500w PSU

Edited by HyperRevolverX

The 4GB Patch only lets you use up to approximately 3.8GB of system RAM for the game. That is limitation of being a 32-bit game and cannot be overcome. Your screenshot is showing you are using 4.2GB (which includes some system overhead), so you have maxed that out. This is an older game (from 2010) and only designed to use up to 2 cores, so it can't take advantage of all your hardware is capable of supporting.

FNV has an "active plugin" cap of 130-140, depending upon your system and types of mods. Try reducing that number below 130 and only gradually adding mods.

I recommend you read the entire "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article to understand the differences between this game and others you may have experience with; especially if this is your first attempt to mod FNV or it's been more than a year since you last did so.

FYI: As you discovered , you can't delete a post. The best you can do is "edit" it to replace the original content with a message such as in your second post.

-Dubious-

Thanks for the reply and helpful info...
ive been modding for a while and played NV with mods many times in the past years
This is the most mods i have ever installed...

Technically yes you can allow the game to use more CPU and memory just like the 4GB patch
The problem is no one has made a patch or mod to counter this....

Since there is a 4GB patch that works and is very effective then we know that it is possible to allow these changes to the game

Thanks for the reply and helpful info...

ive been modding for a while and played NV with mods many times in the past years

This is the most mods i have ever installed...

Technically yes you can allow the game to use more CPU and memory just like the 4GB patch

The problem is no one has made a patch or mod to counter this....

Since there is a 4GB patch that works and is very effective then we know that it is possible to allow these changes to the game

That's funny.

No, that's not how it works. If all you needed was a simple patch they would have never needed to convert the game engine to 64 bit for FO4.

As far as your problem goes, what typically runs the game out of memory is the texture system. The texture caching system seems to leak memory, so no matter what you do, eventually the game will slow down and crash at some point. Installing high resolution graphics mods will run the game out of memory a lot faster. Use lower resolution textures and, if you are still having problems, set your texture quality to a lower level in the game's video options.

If you have over 128 mods your game will break in weird and mysterious ways. You might be able to run with 130 to 140 mods, maybe a bit more in some configurations (I managed to get to around 160 once without issues), but anything over 128 is asking for trouble.

Mods that add a lot of NPCs or adds a lot of anything to one area can cause enough textures to be loaded that it runs the game out of memory. Again, if you are using high resolution textures, you'll run the game out of memory a lot faster.

Yeah the textures are the problem, I was running out of memory with the game 4GB enabled, when you add texture packs to large numbers of NPCs with hi-res skin, hair and clothes the memory usage goes through the roof especially at high resolutions, ENBoost has been a real godsend in that regard.