7 replies to this topic

Xhayah

Xhayah

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi everyone,

I am having problems with the vortex software. I am used to nexus mod manager so this is completely new for me (also thanks for your work Nexus community, it is amazing).

I had followed the steps but when I launch the game the mods were not there, so I have begun to look for the possible problems and I have found the override folder is empty.

The conclusion is that vortex is not modifying the folder, like if it cannot read the folder.

I have read in comments that you can install manually but I do not want to rewrite the chargenmorphcfg and miss some lines.

Please, give me advice.

Thanks! :)

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Awake at stupid o'clock

• Premium Member
  • 19,607 posts

Did you DEPLOY the mods after you installed?

Xhayah

Xhayah

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hello,

Thanks for your comment!

Yes, I did. I reinstall all the mods and deploy each one and they appear.

Now my problem is that if I install and deploy them they do not appear in the game.

For example, if I install and deploy the mods chargen revamp and Wyldtats and skins, I can see both of them. But if I install, deploy and elevate the next mods they do not appear anymore like .

I think that the process that I am doing is not the correct or every mod has it is own way to install or the mods has conflicting files.

I have not seen the message unsolved files conflict in my vortex software ( I have read the Pick and choose which files to load from which mod with Vortex explanation).

Thanks for your comments and help!

Thandal

Thandal

Faithful Kobold Companion

• Moderators
  • 23,176 posts

@Xhayah;  Vortex is not a very good manager for the Dragon Age games.  It can't handle all the various kinds of mods correctly.

Recommend using the DAO-Modmanager (DAMM) instead.

Xhayah

Xhayah

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi @Thandal

Thank you so much, I will try with that one then :laugh:

I will give you news if it works!

Xhayah

Xhayah

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi @Thandal,

This manager is for dazip files. I have zip files and I have made a research on how to get dazip files from zip files and it is not easy. I have seen some people changing .zip to .dazip, I did it and its not working.

I tried to open the manual of this manager but I cannot see anything in the link (http://www.dragonage...file.php?id=939

Is there any other way to do install mods or at least to combine the information of the chargenmorphcfg.xml file, which I think is the problem?

Thanks for your comments and help!

Edited by Xhayah, 13 January 2019 - 10:16 AM.

Thandal

Thandal

• Moderators
  • 23,176 posts

@Xhayah;

Ok, I didn't realize you were talking about Character Creator (CC) appearance mods.

a. When people say they "renamed the .zip file to .dazip" they are referring to a mod that was originally packaged and distributed as  a .dazip file, but their browsers had 'helpfully' renamed to .zip  in error.  That has nothing to do with mods (like the ones you're dealing with) that were correctly packaged and downloaded as .zip files.

b. Neither Vortex nor any of the other managers for Dragon Age mods handle multiple CC appearance mods correctly.  IFAIK, only the CharGenMorph Compiler does this.

c. The key to using the Compiler is to keep your CC mods in their own folders and OUT of your "\override" folder completely.  Let the Compiler handle moving things where they belong.  Which brings us to the two basic pieces of information provided in the Compiler's Installation Instructions:

Installation
============

Extract the contents of the zip file you downloaded to a dedicated folder on your computer, run the application. Check the configuration paths are correct for your override directory before hitting the compile button.

And from the included Usage Guide:

Important Notes
===============
-Do not run this program from within the Dragon Age override directory.
-Ensure your paths are setup correctly.
-Ensure you have full administrator privileges when running the program.
-Ensure that the .NET Framework 4.0 is installed on your machine.

*This program expects individual mods to be installed into separate subfolders within your override directory. You should extract each cosmetic mod into a separate, dedicated subfolder if you want this program to work properly - throwing all your xml files into one folder will not work!

That's it.  Literally. Extract the CC mods to dedicated folders that AREN'T referenced by the game and make sure the "Path" is correct in the Compiler.

(The CharGenMorph Compiler "Usage Guide" is included within the .zip file when you download the mod.  If you were referring to the DAO-ModManager, the DAMM manual is here, but that won't help with using CC mods.)

Thandal

Thandal

• Moderators
  • 23,176 posts

@Xhayahi;  Separate topics:

1.  You have read this article, right?  Using Dragon Age Mods for Dummies.

2.  Don't use DAMM to manage mods that you just drop in your "\override" folder, like ".mor" (NPC appearance) mods.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.029 seconds