Project Spotlight: Fallout 4: New Vegas

Pickysaurus

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #66958086.

ccjr57 wrote: The opening reminds me of Morrowwind start. Appears simple enough. I have never played FO4 or F4NV but I'm getting ready to. Soon as I figure out a starting point. Skyrim is getting pretty boring after all these years. Still love it though but it's time. Which is the best to start with? Can I just skip FO4? I'm not a modder. Don't have the patients nor the skills. I can place stuff with Jaxonx but even that rattles me at times. Grrr...My hat is definitely off to ALL of you! Kudos for all you do! Thankfully I have a decent rig because I love mods..:) Godspeed...R/

Fallout 3, New Vegas, and 4 don't have any connecting story, so you can play them in any order you'd like. However, I suggest starting with New Vegas or 3, then playing 4. If you've played 3 already, New Vegas will feel familiar to you in terms of gameplay, just much more polished. New Vegas is definitely the strongest of the three in terms of story, however Fallout 4 definitely benefits from the slightly updated engine to give the gunplay a much better feel. I still prefer New Vegas after all these years, and have replayed it numerous times. It is also wise to purchase the Ultimate Edition of New Vegas and the GOTY Edition of 4, just to save you the hassle of purchasing the DLC (they go on sale on steam fairly often). I do also suggest playing both games vanilla before attempting to install mods of any kind, outside maybe an unofficial patch mod. Good luck with the games, and hope you enjoy New Vegas as much as I have!

In response to post #66958086. #66966381 is also a reply to the same post.

ccjr57 wrote: The opening reminds me of Morrowwind start. Appears simple enough. I have never played FO4 or F4NV but I'm getting ready to. Soon as I figure out a starting point. Skyrim is getting pretty boring after all these years. Still love it though but it's time. Which is the best to start with? Can I just skip FO4? I'm not a modder. Don't have the patients nor the skills. I can place stuff with Jaxonx but even that rattles me at times. Grrr...My hat is definitely off to ALL of you! Kudos for all you do! Thankfully I have a decent rig because I love mods..:) Godspeed...R/
KimJongUninstall wrote: Fallout 3, New Vegas, and 4 don't have any connecting story, so you can play them in any order you'd like. However, I suggest starting with New Vegas or 3, then playing 4. If you've played 3 already, New Vegas will feel familiar to you in terms of gameplay, just much more polished. New Vegas is definitely the strongest of the three in terms of story, however Fallout 4 definitely benefits from the slightly updated engine to give the gunplay a much better feel. I still prefer New Vegas after all these years, and have replayed it numerous times. It is also wise to purchase the Ultimate Edition of New Vegas and the GOTY Edition of 4, just to save you the hassle of purchasing the DLC (they go on sale on steam fairly often). I do also suggest playing both games vanilla before attempting to install mods of any kind, outside maybe an unofficial patch mod. Good luck with the games, and hope you enjoy New Vegas as much as I have!

Fallout 3 then New Vegas just because FO3 starts in 2277 and FNV starts in 2281. FO3 is fairly linear but it does have some outstanding DLCs. FNV's story line is better, much more diverse and much more lore-friendly. And it has the best DLCs one of which helps explain where all of the guns and non-stale ammo (in the NCR and the Mojave any way) is coming from.

And I would recommend playing Fallout 4 at least once just for the DLC. You can quit anytime after you've played them and not really feel like you've missed something. I would wait until it goes on sale though.

Say what you like about Bethesda and Obsidian but they both do create awesome downloadable content. Better than the main games even. If Bethesda hasn't completely killed the franchise with FO76, they should consider writing the main story of the next game like it was a DLC for one of the prior stories and add back in consequences for antisocial behavior. What fun is playing an evil character if it doesn't make a single difference?

In response to post #66959346. #66961466 is also a reply to the same post.

BinakAlgo wrote: I hope you the best and I hope to see a finished product someday, but deep inside I'm a pessimist and I'm afraid that the game was rigged from the start...
jeremyp1223 wrote: I feel the same way. These conversions never get completed.

Is it the players, that are doing the conversions, or is it Bugthesda and other companies, that are against it?

Don't blame the player, blame the game ...

In response to post #66971136. #66981371, #66983471, #66986236, #66987086 are all replies on the same post.

Moksha8088 wrote: This project is sure to be a big hit when it is released.

BTW, if modders come up with any future F4FNV texture mods, more than just improved rust would be appreciated. Will there be any previs/precombined stuff to worry about?

Nordrake wrote: Just imagine for a second how many bugs this new game will have and certainly this will ruin all hype in one day for people like you. And it will take ages for modders to fix all s#*!. This project is overhyped.
neoquinn wrote: @Nordrake Wow what a c*%!.
BuddviBrittania wrote: @Nordrake Can't f*#@ it up worse than Bethesda did 76 lmao, but I believe in these guys, they seem to actually listen to the fans, being fans themselves
Vitz wrote:
Just imagine for a second how many bugs this new game will have and certainly this will ruin all hype in one day for people like you. And it will take ages for modders to fix all s#*!. This project is overhyped.

And people like you are the reason modders get dissuaded and quit. Go be salty somewhere else.

Maybe you should a) learn to read and b) do something of worth yourself.

This is not a new game, it is a conversion, meaning, that there won't be more problems than with the vanilla game it is based on.
Chances are though, that there will be less problems and bugs, since atm, almost all bugs are fixed and it will only be needed to implement those fixes-

Besides that, Vitz has said anything else necessary

In response to post #66971136. #66981371, #66983471, #66986236, #66987086, #66992286 are all replies on the same post.

Moksha8088 wrote: This project is sure to be a big hit when it is released.

BTW, if modders come up with any future F4FNV texture mods, more than just improved rust would be appreciated. Will there be any previs/precombined stuff to worry about?

Nordrake wrote: Just imagine for a second how many bugs this new game will have and certainly this will ruin all hype in one day for people like you. And it will take ages for modders to fix all s#*!. This project is overhyped.
neoquinn wrote: @Nordrake Wow what a c*%!.
BuddviBrittania wrote: @Nordrake Can't f*#@ it up worse than Bethesda did 76 lmao, but I believe in these guys, they seem to actually listen to the fans, being fans themselves
Vitz wrote:
Just imagine for a second how many bugs this new game will have and certainly this will ruin all hype in one day for people like you. And it will take ages for modders to fix all s#*!. This project is overhyped.

And people like you are the reason modders get dissuaded and quit. Go be salty somewhere else.
Eysenbeiss wrote: Maybe you should a) learn to read and b) do something of worth yourself.

This is not a new game, it is a conversion, meaning, that there won't be more problems than with the vanilla game it is based on.
Chances are though, that there will be less problems and bugs, since atm, almost all bugs are fixed and it will only be needed to implement those fixes-

Besides that, Vitz has said anything else necessary

beating 76 is almost impossible.