failed to update masterlist?

AyeeLmeow

I have to download the masterlist.yaml manually myself.

I'm sorry but where should i download the masterlist to?

• 1 year later...

This is pretty disconcerting. I paid for a lifetime membership only to have Vortex not be able to deploy my mods. Seriously?

There are no files in the \skyrimse\masterlist folder.

You know what didn't have these problems? Nexus Mod Manager!

Maybe, if you started your own thread and explained your problem in detail, instead of jumping from thread to thread and just complaining, one of us might be able to help you.

As it stands right now, NOBODY can help you because you just keep hijacking or necroing threads and essentially saying "ME TOO", then complaining about paying for a Lifetime membership, without describing your problem, and pushing NMM.

So, how about trying to get some help, by starting your own thread, and listing out in detail what problems you're having?

• 1 month later...

Oh my... this is like teasing the cat with a ball of yarn!

It likely has nothing to do with my problem - CTD; but I would like to not get the error in Vortex that a masterlist cannot be created, or that one doesn't exist. So this topic seems to skirt the solution, like this:

"EDIT: Figured it out, apparently libgit2 reads the .gitconfig file in %userprofile%, which I had configured for the github for windows client. Perhaps you have a similar problem? @AyeeLmeow".
Or this:
"I know what the problem is, Vortex has an automatic function to auto sync/update with the git repository of LOOT and when/if it fails there is an exception error not handled thus the application crashes (did with me) but it also restarts (brings itself up) and the function gets run again (fails again), Boot looping. So what I did was just turn on the feature on the settings (not to auto update). BANG it works without crash, so instead I have to download the masterlist.yaml manually myself. Better that then the crash. I am using wine (on Linux) but it should still work for anyone else."

Neither one seems to answer the question or solve the actual problem. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64, not Linux.
The Big question (aside from maybe figuring out how to create a master list) is... does this cause the game to crash or otherwise not work properly?
Edited by BobKat107

Vortex is a trash Mod manager they should have keep using the and updating NMM and we wouldn't be having these problems it worked 100 times better then this s*** you can actually manage you load order in NMM and it didn't gimp out when it couldn't update but sadly they abandon what worked for this crap show oh and not to mention that Vortex takes up a sizable portion of your processing power were as you would barley notice NMM But the best solution i have found for this fix is to replace you Config File your Git Folder will show up for a moment when you reset the masterlist copy and paste it somewhere else before the process fails then copy the Code shown on page 1 open you copy of the Config File and paste the copy over its contents over it then reset the masterlist 1 more time but this time copy and paste your new Config file in the git folder and it should work

Edited by lytas

Vortex is a trash Mod manager they should have keep using the and updating NMM and we wouldn't be having these problems it worked 100 times better then this s*** you can actually manage you load order in NMM and it didn't gimp out when it couldn't update but sadly they abandon what worked for this crap show oh and not to mention that Vortex takes up a sizable portion of your processing power were as you would barley notice NMM But the best solution i have found for this fix is to replace you Config File your Git Folder will show up for a moment when you reset the masterlist copy and paste it somewhere else before the process fails then copy the Code shown on page 1 open you copy of the Config File and paste the copy over its contents over it then reset the masterlist 1 more time but this time copy and paste your new Config file in the git folder and it should work

So, are you looking for help or just ranting?

BTW, if you go to the Vortex download page, and had scrolled down just a little farther, you would've seen the section where you could download the newest version of NMM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...