nif problem editing house mod from oldrim

c0ax599

Hello, I am trying to "convert" this Skyrim mod to Skyrim SE.

Raven Nest player home

Created by Elianora!!! From description "Epic little player home for the loner Dragonborn, located in the outskirts of Raven Rock. All crafting workstations (vanilla + DB), lots of customised and labelled storage. Beautiful clutter and furnishing. Follower friendly (1 extra bed). Cleaned and polished with TES5Edit."

I installed this without converting it and a lot of graphics were missing, I STILL loved it.. lol

But, in a attempt to get all the right graphics, I extracted the bsa. Then ran SSE Nif Optimizer, all seemed to go well. But when I ran the texture scan, it showed 2 .dds files that weren't divisable by 4. So, using paint.net, i resized 'em. No more errors on the scan..

Then... I repackaged the bsa using archive.exe.. put it in data.. fired up the game, i use SKSE jfi, oh man, the home looked beautiful, things i never saw..

And upon a first look i saw NO errors in game!

Then I loaded the esp in the CK.. Saved with no changes (SSEEdit showed Form 44 in the header)...

After that, i ended up with a nif error and a few lighting issues that weren't there in the regular esp.. (the error stayed too after i tried to re-use the original esp, so i don't think it's a .esp prob)

Some screens of my error...

Regular view

Nif View

I tried to fix the nif in Nifskope, not knowing what i was doing of course :tongue:

I stumbled on a button, "Do Skinning" I hit it, and damn the book went in to place.. lol BUT, when i save as a nif even with a diff file name, it never works, i load the new file up in nifskope, it's just like the original....

Hopefully i've given enough info here.. I'd sure appreciate if anyone can give me some info to fix this really fine mod!!!! If i could get it "perfect!"

c0ax599

Edited by c0ax599

• 2 months later...

Just delete that object with Remove Branch. Then Copy Branch on the object he used ... (time for BSABrowser)

Then Paste Branch, move it to the right spot,
spells / sanitize .. fix invalid block names

​spells / optimize .. remove unused strings
save

Done!