CTD in snowy areas, open world only

gooserooster

Hi everyone,

I've been fiddling around with turning mods off and on for a while trying to fix the following problem to no avail.

I am using Skyrim LE with Mod Organizer and LOOT to arrange my load order. I am fairly acclimated to modding as I've gone through this process a few times, each time making different mistakes and learning from the old ones. For my current mod build, I have mainly used the Ultimate Skyrim Modding Guide - Graphics. I have largely stuck to it, but added a handful of gaming mods and added one or two mods of my own choice while omitting a lot of the other, more minor changes. Mostly throughout the process, everything has gone fine. It's only now that I've branched out in the game to more snowy areas that I am experiencing CTDs.

The CTDs only - to the best of my knowledge - take place in snowy areas in the open world. This is especially true around both entrances to Windhelm, the area just north of Anga's Mill (along the road and river side) and the mountain pass around Fort Kastav on the way to Winterhold (tends to crash along the rest of the way there too).

The crashes are intermittent, and while they will very often crash in the exact same place... they won't always and I can sometimes get through an area on foot or on horseback just by saving a lot and restarting the game. The crashes can also be spread out just through the general areas I have listed and not necessarily on the exact same spot.

The main esm files have all been cleaned, but one I'm having trouble with is Cutting Room Floor, with 24 or so ITM records. In spite of going through the cleaning process with TESVEdit, LOOT still says the ITMs still exist. This is probably something to with using Mod Organizer and the TESVEdit (which I run through MO) creating files in an Overwrite Mod. I then "create" a new mod out of the overwrite mod and add it to the end of the priority list in the left window.

Initially my thought was that it was to do with certain LODs or textures, perhaps I've done something silly with my choice of mods. I really don't know what I've done or how to fix it at this stage, but it's terribly frustrating.

Here is my load order through LOOT:

0  0     Skyrim.esm
  1  1     Update.esm
  2  2     Dawnguard.esm
  3  3     HearthFires.esm
  4  4     Dragonborn.esm
  5  5     Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
  6  6     Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
  7  7     Unofficial Skyrim City Patch Modified.esm
  8  8     Skyrim Supplemental Patch.esp
  9  9     Campfire.esm
 10  a     EFFCore.esm
           HighResTexturePack01.esp
           HighResTexturePack02.esp
           HighResTexturePack03.esp
 11  b     Cutting Room Floor.esp
 12  c     SkyUI.esp
 13  d     Extended UI.esp
 14  e     Skyrim HD Tribute - Roads.esp
 15  f     MajesticMountains.esp
 16 10     EpisodeParallax.esp
 17 11     WondersofWeather.esp
 18 12     DYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.esp
 19 13     Lepidoptera Of Skyrim DLC1.esp
 20 14     AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp
 21 15     Differently Ebony.esp
 22 16     RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Sorted.esp
 23 17     Better Dynamic Ash.esp
 24 18     Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim.esp
 25 19     RoyalDaedric.esp
 26 1a     HagravenSkinShaders.esp
 27 1b     StormcloakArmorRevival_GuardFix.esp
 28 1c     iHUD.esp
 29 1d     Realistic AI Detection 2 Lite.esp
 30 1e     Better Stealth AI for Followers.esp
 31 1f     UIExtensions.esp
 32 20     Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
 33 21     WetandCold.esp
 34 22     AOS.esp
 35 23     dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
 36 24     DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
 37 25     UG2Redux.esp
 38 26     Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
 39 27     Obsidian Mountain Fogs For LE.esp
 40 28     Enhanced Landscapes Oaks Standalone.esp
 41 29     UG2Redux_MA.esp
 42 2a     UG2Redux_TU.esp
 43 2b     Unique Shops and Stores.esp
 44 2c     Skyrim Bridges.esp
 45 2d     aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
 46 2e     Weathered Road Signs.esp
 47 2f     Birdsofskyrim.esp
 48 30     Realistic Boat Bobbing.esp
 49 31     SLO_StoneWalls.esp
 50 32     Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
 51 33     detailed cities.esp
 52 34     SMIM-Merged-All.esp
 53 35     BirdsHFclean.esp
 54 36     RealisticWaterTwo.esp
 55 37     Watercolor_for_ENB_RWT.esp
 56 38     RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
 57 39     Run For Your Lives.esp
 58 3a     MajesticMountains_Moss.esp
 59 3b     ClearWater_for_ENB_RWT.esp
 60 3c     Immersive Horses.esp
 61 3d     Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul Lite.esp
 62 3e     EmbersHD.esp
 63 3f     RBB - Realistic Water Two.esp
 64 40     iNeed.esp
 65 41     Skyland Imperial Forts and Dungeons.esp
 66 42     Imaginator BETA.esp
 67 43     FireBurns.esp
 68 44     iNeed - Dangerous Diseases.esp
 69 45     EFFDialogue.esp
 70 46     WetandCold - Ashes.esp
 71 47     AOS2_DSI Patch.esp
 72 48     AOS2_EBT Patch.esp
 73 49     AOS2_RealisticWaterTwo Patch.esp
 74 4a     AOS2_WetandCold Patch.esp
 75 4b     UniqueWeaponsRedone.esp
 76 4c     BrighterTorchesBiggerMagelight.esp
 77 4d     dD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.esp
 78 4e     Lanterns Of Skyrim - ELE - Lordmonkus Preset.esp
 79 4f     Immersive Horses - Hearthfire Patch.esp
 80 50     Immersive Horses - Vanilla.esp
 81 51     hqsnow.esp
 82 52     Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
 83 53     ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp
 84 54     Vivid Snow.esp

And the last bits of my latest Papyrus log (where the game crashed):

[01/11/2019 - 01:00:05AM] Error: Unable to call Is3DLoaded - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
[None].MannequinActivatorSCRIPT.Is3DLoaded() - "<native>" Line ?
[None].MannequinActivatorSCRIPT.ResetPosition() - "MannequinActivatorSCRIPT.psc" Line 183
[None].MannequinActivatorSCRIPT.OnCellLoad() - "MannequinActivatorSCRIPT.psc" Line 107
[01/11/2019 - 01:00:05AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp15"
stack:
[None].MannequinActivatorSCRIPT.ResetPosition() - "MannequinActivatorSCRIPT.psc" Line 183
[None].MannequinActivatorSCRIPT.OnCellLoad() - "MannequinActivatorSCRIPT.psc" Line 107
[01/11/2019 - 01:00:05AM] Error: Unable to call Is3DLoaded - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
[01/11/2019 - 01:00:05AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp15"
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:

Hopefully this is salvageable. The fact that it's only happening around particular areas gives me some hope.

Edited by gooserooster