Vortex Stuck on Start Up

Larryware

Whenever I try to launch Vortex it just gets stuck on the VORTEX logo screen forever. I've tried to just wait, but even after 3 hours nothing changed. It worked in the past, when I tried Vortex back when it was still in Alpha.

This is what I see:

0f0554ddb33d853350d761962acb62fd.png

When I hover over it I get the LOADING/WAITING cursor.

How would I go about doing that? It has the blue/yellow shield logo on the file whether I tick the box "Run this program as administrator" in Properties or not.

Even if I run it without the "grant permission" prompt showing up, the same thing happens.

• 2 weeks later...

How would I go about doing that? It has the blue/yellow shield logo on the file whether I tick the box "Run this program as administrator" in Properties or not.

Even if I run it without the "grant permission" prompt showing up, the same thing happens.

Did you install it as an admin?

That's definitely your problem, that it's running as an admin, and if you unchecked the "run as admin" box in Properties----->Compatibility then maybe an uninstall and then a reinstall is in order.

When you installed it, did it give you any dialog box during install about running as Admin?

One other thing, have you checked the actual vortex.exe to see if it's set to run as admin?

The thing, you may have unchecked the "run as admin" box on the SHORTCUT to vortex.exe but the actual exe might be set to "run as admin"

Check your vortex.exe in your vortex install folder and make sure it's not set to "Run as admin:

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump, but I've been stuck with this problem for 4 months now. Vortex worked. Then it didn't. It sticks at the splash screen, cursor is a spinner, no activity in Task Manager for any of the 3 instances in creates. I am definitely running as Admin, I am an admin, UAC is off, AV is disabled. I've re-installed multiple times. I've been holding out for a version that starts working but it hasn't happened. I don't know what to do.

Sorry to bump, but I've been stuck with this problem for 4 months now. Vortex worked. Then it didn't. It sticks at the splash screen, cursor is a spinner, no activity in Task Manager for any of the 3 instances in creates. I am definitely running as Admin, I am an admin, UAC is off, AV is disabled. I've re-installed multiple times. I've been holding out for a version that starts working but it hasn't happened. I don't know what to do.

DO NOT run Vortex as an Admin, also, UAC needs to be turned on, or Vortex will hang there forever.

I'm the admin on my computer, but I don't have Vortex set to run as Admin