cant click dialogue options or inventory items/sub sections

tisilordtwat

hi guys

there is an infuriating bug for me that even multiple bug fix mods cant fix and what it does is prevent me from clicking item, inventory sub sections( like aid or apparel), choosing dialogue options, and even impacts the pause screen making it so i cant exit to the menu or load a save. i have found a temporary fix on the steam forums which includes fiddling with the map markers or clicking on quests as for some reason the bug doesn't seem to affect those sub sections for some reason which sorts it out, however it happens again after around 2-10 minutes later and its getting on my nerves.

the main reason im posting on here is because i couldn't a solution on steam forums and i was hoping someone here could be so kind as to tell me how they fixed their issues with this bug and made it so it didn't happen again for a while or link me to a mod which sorts this issue.

thank you in advance, any help is appreciated.

Taking a guess, because a list of symptoms is not enough to diagnose a problem without an understanding of the mods you are using: Most likely this is a "mod conflict" due to the "install order" (as opposed to the "load order") of your mods. Please see the wiki "HUD-UI-Menu issues" article.

If that isn't the issue: Please provide ALL the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article. Don't forget to identify things that do not appear in the "load order", such as if you are using a "regional language version" of the game; using the FNV4GB Patch, NVSE and it's related plugins; replacements for textures (specifically their larger image sizes: 1024x1024, etc.), animations, or "bodies", etc.; and "post-processors" like ENB or SweetFX. It saves us playing "20 questions" and gets you a more specific answer more quickly. (The usual turn-around on post and reply in an older game forum is 24 hours.)

* See "How to markup images (etc) in forum posts and comments" article for how to use "Spoiler tags".

-Dubious-