Which ending do you usually go for and why?

Dan3345

667 members have voted

1. 1. Which end do you generally strive for in the Mojave? Write why below.

• Caesars Legion
    • NCR
    • House
    • Independant New Vegas

I always go for the YesMan path. freedom for the whole wasteland to do with what they will, and how they choose.

When watching the ending, all the little people, the smaller settlements and all, is what matters. Not some place to waste money or a any of the three versions of the Old World that tryed to gained foothold.

Freedom now and Freedom Forever!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't like all ending in FONV, FO3 made more sense.

What made sense about it? Especially after Broken Steel?

I mostly go with House, but anything other than NCR is fine. NCR winning means Kimball and Lee take all and the others(actual good NCR guys, Hanlon) get shafted. It's a very naive nation and following in the footsteps of a government that nuked the world to start secret tests on it's citizens in the vaults, only to make everyone into super-soldiers or clean anyone not deemed worthy. And the propaganda posters.... :rolleyes:

I always stick with the Wild Card ending.

It just feels like the natural way everything should end up. NCR heads home, Legion is sent packing, and the person left standing on top is the one who took the time to help the people of New Vegas with their problems. Seems like a sweet deal to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a point i feel needs making... It's been mentioned that the NCR are trying to save civilization (making stimpacks etc), but you all seem to be forgetting the ending of Old World Blues if you've got good karma:

In the times following the Second Battle of Hoover Dam, however, Old World Blues took on a new meaning. Where once it was viewed as a form of sadness, nostalgia, it became an expression describing the potential for the future.It can be easy to see Science as evil, technology unchecked as the source of all ills, all misfortunes. With the Courier at the helm, Science became a beacon for the future. There was Old World Blues, and New World Hope. And hope ruled the day at Big MT.

Couple that with an independent New Vegas, and it seems like the best ending to me.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
One of the things nobody seems to be consideirng is that a faction and their leadership could change. The NCR for example could surrive if they changed. perhaps they would get better leadership reforms inside the goverment and big buisness would accur which would ensure NCRs continued survival. Perhaps even the legion could change after ceaser dies. some unknown person in the legion could take control and stear the legion in a different direction. with that all said i'd go with the NCR because while they are flawed they can change. thats just my take atleast.

• 2 months later...
I normally pick the NCR and I've only chosen House once(and by accident, what a shame). I can't ever persuade myself to join Caesar's Legion because they're just a bunch of sexist,slave-owning, simple-minded assholes and they remind me of people I personally don't like in life.

I've usually gone for the NCR or Yes-Man ending, and I've realized that the NCR ending is best IMO. Sure, the independent path brings freedom but since the securitrons are deployed only in Strip, other towns may have hard time protecting themselves from potential raiders. A Viper Gunslinger or two shouldn't be a problem for a sheriff or a settlement where every person has a gun, but there will be eventually bigger raider groups with better weapons.

NCR's troopers aren't exactly the best, but they're at least given a little more training than "hey take a gun, here's how to reload it" and ye olde Service Rifle is better than a crude single shotgun.

Taxes are a *censored*, but jeez, things are fueled by money. And most towns see enough merchant traffic to cover it for most part (except Goodsprings, I think)

Only thing I don't really like about NCR is their president and General Oliver. Tandi was a much better president than this jar-headed imperialistic douche. If it was possible ingame, I would throw that douche off the Hoover Dam and become the president myself.