Creation Kit Custom follower does not move

citronblood

Here I am again. Really having trouble getting this thing going.

So this time, the problem is, after successfully establishing the quests and scripts needed to recruit the new follower, Gavina, meaning that the dialogue works as intended, and she now possesses full functionality of a follower including trading, receiving commands to move, helping in combat etc. Dismissing the follower also works.

However, despite having added a Sandbox AI package to her, she does not sandbox in the area which I put her (Jamaica Plains), she simply stands in that very spot. Even after recruiting her to a follower, she remains completely still in that spot. If I command her, she will go where I tell her, and if combat breaks out she will move around and shoot, but outside that, she will not follow me at all.

Not sure what went wrong, I'm quite certain that I followed Seddon's instructions closely, and after double checking, I have not recognized any issues with the AI package I gave her.

If anyone has a solution to this issue, I will be very grateful. If additional info is needed, I can try and go dig those up.

Thanks in advance.

When you use GetScript() it loads the script but it doesn't have any of its properties filled, that leads to failures because all its properties are not initialized, on the other hand, if you load it by casting it to a quest that has this script attached with its properties filled then you get it working as it is intended. FollowersScript is meant to be used on Followers quest, so if you want to call a function from this script remotely then you need to use a property for the quest and then cast it or just cast it in the property as I pointed in my answer in your previous post.

I would use a property instead of GetScript, the property would be like that:

Type: FollowersScript

Name: Followers

[x] Mandatory

Use Autofill, it will fill the property using the Followers quest, then use:

Followers.SetCompanion(Gavina.GetActorReference())

Edited by DieFeM

When you use GetScript() it loads the script but it doesn't have any of its properties filled, that leads to failures because all its properties are not initialized, on the other hand, if you load it by casting it to a quest that has this script attached with its properties filled then you get it working as it is intended. FollowersScript is meant to be used on Followers quest, so if you want to call a function from this script remotely then you need to use a property for the quest and then cast it or just cast it in the property as I pointed in my answer in your previous post.

I would use a property instead of GetScript, the property would be like that:

Type: FollowersScript

Name: Followers

[x] Mandatory

Use Autofill, it will fill the property using the Followers quest, then use:

Followers.SetCompanion(Gavina.GetActorReference())

Hmm, I'm not sure that's the issue. I've made several companions in pretty much the same way (using GetScript) and it has worked every time for me.

To the OP: Which sandbox package did you add to her? As in, what is the specific name. Did you use a default package, or create your own?

I used a default package as template but Under a new name. After some testing, I found out that the issue was actually with companion management mods like amazing follower tweaks and better companion. Disabling those two made everything work, although I would still like to figure out the reason for incompatibility.

Thanks

I used a default package as template but Under a new name. After some testing, I found out that the issue was actually with companion management mods like amazing follower tweaks and better companion. Disabling those two made everything work, although I would still like to figure out the reason for incompatibility.

Thanks

Likely quest priority - if your quest that houses the package were of lower priority than others from the game or other mods, those quest packages would typically dominate the NPC's AI, even with an evaluatepackage() call.

At least, in my experience this is so... and youre lucky that you can dismiss to a location. My companion moves fine, she just wont go to the settlement I send her to, always returning to her initial editor location.

Edited by joerqc